1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. matac3

matac3 Member

Thats why the idea of a Bosh or Iquodala doesnt bother me in adding to the team. They are young (i believe 26 and under), healthy, and have talent.
    Some of us can say Iquodala is over paid, but I dont see anyone using that excuse on Yao who has missed seasons due to injury. 50+ mill for Iquodala and your getting a player whos on the court every game, has leadership ability, talented, and young.

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

In fact, the rockets need a franchise player who the rockets can build round regardless of fitting our system or Yao.

3. Hball

Hball Member

This would be a good deal if Rockets are content with just being playoff team.

I like iggy but we need some one better than yao as our go-to if were talking about being real contenders next year because you know how easy it is to take yao out of games with fronting.

Iggy's more of a 3rd option on a real contender, we need a legit 1st option type player if we want to really become a threat to the Lakers imo.

Rockets should just try their luck in free-agency or draft, you don't want to over pay for a player if they can't even carry a team in the eastern conference.

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Iguadala is definitly an improvement over Ariza and Dalembert automatically improves our defense (A more mobile Deke). I like the deal But I would really like to ship Ariza in the deal. That may be asking for too much.

5. LifeisButaDream

[​IMG]

6. matac3

matac3 Member

Iquodala averaged 21.5 ppg in the playoffs last year. IDK if he would be a 3rd option unless you have someone like a superstar and yao with him on the team.

7. matac3

matac3 Member

i seriously think ariza is going to be shipped out but in a package in some other trade.

8. LifeisButaDream

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgKDtgtUBbE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgKDtgtUBbE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

That's so discussed and talked over it doesn't need to be brought up.

Gay story is over, Rockets got Shane Battier out of that and are pretty happy about it.

On the other hand if Rockets had the offer of young, promising, super freak athletic Iggy for TMac and filler they're mad to miss it.

But you never know...I believe what Morey does, and as you all hope for best solution.

10. Hball

Hball Member

Exactly my point, if you really want to be a threat to the Lakers we need a superstar next to yao or more than one all-star player.

11. raj87

raj87 Member

[​IMG]

12. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

Dude I already given those stats when I mentioned Andre vs. Bosh: Pro & Cons

13. LifeisButaDream

I wonder what the grizz would want for a sign n trade next year. :eek:

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Allow me to interrupt then. A team's record is in NO WAY indicative of an individual on that team's talent; this is a horrible argument. There's a reason that you keep hearing about us linked to Washington and Philadelphia - they're both having terrible years. Good teams aren't going to want to trade away their stud players -- you have to try to take advantage of team that's failing both on the court and financially. Does that mean Caron Butler isn't good? Antawn Jamison? No, it just means they're on a bad team. Bad argument. Next.

Again, another bad argument. Gasol led the Grizzlies to 0 playoff victories -- yet the Lakers traded for him despite Memphis not doing anything with Gasol. Rudy Gay has not done anything with the Grizzlies, yet there are still people here that would take him in a second. The Timberwolves have done nothing with Al Jefferson. The Kings with Kevin Martin. The Nets with Brook Lopez/Devin Harris. The Pacers with Danny Granger. A team is made up of more than one player, and blaming that one player for an organization's failure is just flat out dumb. There are a lot of bad teams who have great individual talents on their team -- and Iguodala is one of those talents.

I let this slide before, but I should probably stop it now. It's spelled genius. There is no 'o'. Spell it right before you attempt to use it as an insult; you're only making yourself look dumb.

What? The Rockets with Yao ming are a slipping ball club around .500? I can only assume this is what you meant, as everyone and their mama knows that any trade the Rockets make will be with next year in mind (as in, Rockets + Yao). Morey isn't going to make a trade so that we can sneak into the 8th spot this year -- he's going to make a trade that will help us be a contender when Yao returns. Again, bad argument on your part -- the trade for Iguodala would be for next year's Rockets, not the present ball club whose currently not in the playoffs. Yao's Rockets are not a .500 team.

You're obsessed with throwing out the total money from his deal. That's nice. But it's kind of irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how much he makes per year and how many years he has left.

Let me help you -- if nobody.. no where.. thought Iggy to the Rockets could make us contenders, then the two threads on the subject would be about 1/10th as popular. The fact that they're probably the longest running threads on the board should tell you that a lot of people would be on board with this.

And the trade isn't just for Iguodala, which would be great in itself. The rumor also had Dalembert and Lou Williams in the deal - a legitimate backup C and a PG/SG with offensive abilities that remind me a lot of Brooks. I'm not sure how two PGs of similar games can co-exist (shoot first PGs), but I'm all for collecting as much talent as possible and letting our HOF coach figure it out.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think Martin is flying under the radar. I think it will stay hush, hush untill we land Iggy first, then bamm in comes Martin. I don't like Martin, but i think he is worth the risk considering his salary is no where near what McGrady makes and is a bit younger, though injured, but definately not paid as much. We could land Martin even without using McGrady as long as we take on Nocioni.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

everyday that brian_chapman posts here on clutchfans is a good day! :)

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Why are so many people b****ing about getting Iggy?

They want us to take Brand + Dale for Tmac, if we get Iggy it would be a blessing.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm still not sure why everyone is so enamored with Kevin Martin over Andre Iguodala.

Martin is injured all the time.
    Martin's FG% has been on a steady decline (37.8% this season, ironically the same as Trevor Ariza).
    He doesn't pass. 1.9 APG with 30.5 MPG over his career. Oh, and a 1.7 TO PG.
    His defense sucks compared the Iguodala.

Kevin Martin only looks good because he was on a bad team. The team now has Tyreke Evans, and his shortcomings are becoming glaringly obvious.

You can say that perhaps Andre Iguodala only looks good because he's on a bad team, but he's brought Philadelphia to the playoffs the last two seasons almost all alone, something that Kevin Martin cannot claim. His primary sidekick in '07-'08 was Dalembert. He's much more capable than Martin, and given Houston's supporting cast, I think we could do some damage with him this year, and more with him and Yao next year.

1 person likes this.
  19. I♥TheRockets

they wont be building around him as the first option... yao will be back and hopefully we land a bosh, amare or someone else which would make iggy the second or third strong option

20. RocketMania1991

Rockets should just hold on and not do anything.

You don't need to try and predict and build around Yao when you have no idea how he will be when he comes back.

Wait until after next season once Yaos contract is up.
    Don't make a dumb move now.