1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly Daily News: 10 suggestions to fix Sixers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, May 23, 2003.

1. dragon167

dragon167 Member

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/nba/philadelphia_76ers/5917374.htm

1. Borrow from the Nets. Add speed and athleticism to the roster, play less halfcourt hoops and start running with Iverson.

2. Say thanks to Derrick Coleman for a nice second half. Then say goodbye and good luck elsewhere.

3. Check if general manager Billy King was under hypnosis when he said signing Kenny Thomas was "the No. 1 priority."

4. Oh, we get it. You have to sign him before you can trade him. OK, deal. You desperately need a No. 1 pick (Boston has your original 20th pick). Package Thomas to get you into the middle (or higher) of the first round. Orlando at No. 15 might be a fit.

5. It's time to strongly consider shopping one of my favorite people, Eric Snow, while he has value and a year left before a team option on his contract. It's time to try another more athletic, scoring backcourt partner for Iverson.

6. Actually use a No. 1 pick (if obtained) to draft an impact, transition-style first-year player. I-m-p-a-c-t. Commit to projecting him as a starter minutes after drafting him. Marquette 6-4 combo guard Dwyane Wade, Kansas point guard Kirk Hinrich, 6-10 Jayhawk Nick Collison, Louisville's 6-6 point guard Reece Gaines?

7. Do not draft or sign anyone this offseason for his defense. Been there, done that. See Greg Buckner (I'll take back Raja Bell, for a lot less money), etc. You can't really think "scoring is not the problem." It is, Larry. Big problem.

8. When I close my eyes and see available free agents in 76ers' unis, I keep seeing Steve Smith, Keon Clark (again) and James Posey. One of those would be nice. Dreaming, remember.

9. Hire a bunch of college hoops junkies (I volunteer) to conduct the upcoming draft. Thus guaranteeing no more Jiri Welsches, Sam Dalemberts, Damone Browns, Alllllllvin Joneses, Speedy Claxtons, Mark Karchers, Larry Hughes-es, Casey Shaws or the three second-round stooges from 1997, Marko Milic, Kebu Stewart and James Collins at 34, 36 and 37, respectively.

10. Find a Manu Ginobili, Pau Gasol of our own. No, Efthimios Rentzias isn't what I mean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it has been raised before. How about Eric Snow and cap filler (Rentzias?) for Mobley. Rockets has a reliable PG with good defense to play with Francis. Sixers has another scoring option to play with Iverson.

Why would the writer want to trade away thomas? He's doing very good in philly.

2. We're Back

We're Back Member

This guy is an idiot. Why not just say,"Hey if we want to improve we should draft a KG/Kobe type baller."? Drafting an impact player is a lot harder than just listing the heights of some guys thatwere studs in college. Just another example of incompetent local fish wrap. Snow would be good here, but don't hold your breath. We have about another half season of Rudy Ball, before Les's hand is forced. This guy is "dreaming" about getting Posey, but he hates Kenny? I would trade Kenny for Posey in a heartbeat...err...wait a minute...

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I don't know about the rest of the suggestions (was this written by that Philly NBA beat writer, shows up on Best Damn Sports Show a lot?), but Larry Brown has always wanted to reacquire Larry Hughes.

Maybe Cuttino to the Wiz, Hughes to the 76ers, Eric Snow to the Rockets? Then we get our tall point guard.

The Wiz have been looking to offload Hughes and Stackhouse anyway.

4. GATER

GATER Member

How does 10.2 points and 8.5 rebounds qualify as "very good"?

Perhaps a few folks in Philadelphia pay close enough attention to the 5 point and 4 rebound games which follow the 18 point and 14 rebound games. :D

5. CrazyJoeDavola

Orlando giving up a mid 1st rounder for Kenny Thomas (they already have Gooden)? lmao

6. pasox2

pasox2 Member
    Supporting Member

S&T Posey for Snow.

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Seriously, you would trade Cat for Snow? That is ridiculous!

8. dragon167

dragon167 Member

I mean he's "very good" in terms of his salary of US$1.6M this year. You know he's (10.6pt, 9.3reb) super value comparing with Van horn (10.4pt, 7.5reb) in the playoffs. :D

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Yes, it is very good for a role player at PF. Imagine what everyone here would be saying if Eddie put up those numbers. We would be ecstatic.

Eric Snow would be perfect. Plays tough D, and he's smart- knows how to run an offense.

10. The Real Shady

That would be a dream come true. We could then move Cat and EG for a better PF or simply keep them around and make Cat a sixth man.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I would trade a #15 pick for Thomas without blinking. He's just plain good. On the other hand, I don't understand the high estimation of Snow. I wouldn't give up Mobley for him or even for a package led by Snow. I wouldn't trade Posey for him either.

12. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

KT led the 6ers in rebounds for the playoffs with 9.3 reb per game..that was good enough for 9th best in the playoffs.
    His 3.5 offensive reb per game also led the 6ers and was 6th best overall..next to Tim Duncans 3.8 and J.O'Neals 4.0rpg

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Cat for Snow is ridiculous?

Snow, who can pass the basketball, as opposed to Cuttino, who masturbates it?

Well, people have posted worse about my ideas before. I think we could get someone better with Cat, but I'm trying to think about the team needs overall. Five iso guys don't cut it none.