1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philadelphia Orchestra Musicians Perform on Flight Waiting on Beijing Tarmac for 3 Hours

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigBird, Jun 10, 2013.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Thought this was pretty cool. I always like when I see beautiful music being performed in a public setting, but this was especially neat because it wasn't staged like some are and they just wanted to do something cool to keep people happy in a situation where people normally would be anything but happy. It also reminds me that I need to go to the symphony

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dFhYPsgroMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Y thems celebrities don't fly first class doe?

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

the chello is a carry on?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've had my guitar as a carry on and the stewardess kindly put it in her own cabin (she must have wanted the D). Don't know about this though since a guitar is smaller.

Also it's spelled Czhello.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

my thinking with that is that she probably didn't trust baggage handlers and worrying that they would either A. not treat it delicately or B. lose it. Probably a very expensive instrument

6. VanityHalfBlack

How were they able to get permission to perform such great artistry? Usually when I'm aboard a sh!tty flight the stewardess are such complete dicks and c-unts that I want to bash them in the face with my heavy luggage.. What's the name of the flight they're on?

7. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Beautiful!

8. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

"Yes... that was great. Now can i use the restroom!" ;)

Really nice piece

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

ROFL. Fail

10. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I would actually get annoyed.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I see your point. I wouldn't mind a plane full of hot European strippers entertaining while waiting for 3 hours though.

12. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I would only need two minutes in the back of the cabin. Then I would sleep for the remaining 2 hours and 58 minutes.

13. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

Orchestra musicians with larger instruments (especially the string players) routinely buy another ticket for their instrument because they spend 10's of thousands of dollars to get their instruments in the first place. I won't trust that kind of instrument to a baggage handler either.

And it's spelled Cello.

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

We spell it 'chello' on da mean streetz. Either that or I was referring to the persian kabab, take your pick.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am guessing it wasn't an American crew since the flight was going to Macau. If it was united, american, or delta they would shut that down.

16. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Orchestra and classical musicians always use notes but they play these pieces hundreds of times. Wouldn't they just memorize all this after a while. What do they use the notes for if they played this a bunch of times already? Just wondering.