1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philadelphia DA wants to investigate Andrew Bynum for fraud

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kastuul, Mar 3, 2013.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/philadelphia-da-investigate-andrew-bynum-fraud/177379

Andrew Bynum is earning nearly $17 million this season and has yet to play in a game for the Philadelphia 76ers because of various knee problems. The 25-year-old center recently suffered a setback in his rehab, and he said on Friday that he might not play at all this season. He and the team reportedly are even considering season-ending knee surgery as a possibility.

Bynum was the centerpiece of a four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers. He was welcomed to Philadelphia with a billboard and the hope that he could lead the team to a deep playoff run. Instead, the trade has been a total bust.

76ers fans are frustrated with Bynum and the perception that he doesn’t prioritize returning to the team. His ever-changing hairstyles, injury sustained while bowling, and comments Friday that he doesn’t want to play in pain have incensed Sixers fans. Even the city’s district attorney is taking shots at Bynum.

Philadelphia DA Seth Williams responded to a 76ers reporter’s tweet Friday by suggesting he would open an investigation on Bynum for stealing money from the team

WOW.....
    He is worse than DH12.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets better not go after this guy in the offseason.

3. conquistador#11

with vucevic and iggy playing so well, the 763rs probably do feel victimized. that's what they get for making a trade with l.a

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Agreed. No one else part of the trade wanted Bynum. Denver already had enough money tied to the center position and the Magic knew he didn't want to be there (same situation as Dwight).

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

That is so crazy. I never would have thought that was possible. I understand the pain for the Sixers fans. Bynum has done countless idiotic things that prolong his injury and rehab. From waiting til the last minute to get the surgery because he wanted to go to the world cup, to going bowling while recovering from the injury and re-aggravated his knee. On top of that, he's not the typical hard-working type of player.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Any GM that offers Bynum a big contract is begging to get fired.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn. Philly must be nearly crime free if the DA has time for this.

Also, I'm no lawyer but I can't see the legal case against Bynum. He's not contractually obligated to play in pain.

::EDIT::

If this was a joke, then... oops.

#7 Haymitch, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  8. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

"His ever-changing hairstyles"

That cracked me up LOLOLOL

9. MGC

MGC Member

Yeah.. they should not have agreed on the trade...

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

DA needs to stop trying to make a name for himself and do his job. You're gonna waste time and taxpayer money trying to investigate a professional basketball player? That's absurd. I'm not saying Bynum is innocent here but the DA is just trying to publicize himself. Pathetic.

11. platypus

platypus Member

I'm pretty sure he was joking guys...

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Well thats Philly for yah

13. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Being a professional athlete in Philly must be the worst thing that could happen to you. Feel sorry for them

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

Guess orlando knew what they were doing after all

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Orlando got a steal, considering DH12 wanted out.

It's Philly's own got-damn fault. Bynum's tree problems were well documented.

Just glad it wasn't any-star-or-bust Morey who traded for Bynum.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Philadelphia DA needs to investigate the Sixers GM for fraud.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

Morey almost got Gasol from Lakers. That was also scary.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't understand why he wouldn't want to play. He just can't play...if he could play healthy he'd easily get a Max contract...but he can't.

19. TheresTheDagger

Remember all the calls in the off season for going after this guy or facilitating a trade of Howard to the Lakers and getting Bynum?

I knew it then and I'll say it till he retires. Bynum is fools gold. Too many injuries, he's a head case, and a money pit.

Morey is way to smart to go after this guy.

20. texastiger713

texastiger713 Member

Feel awful for the sixers, they're turrible this yr and feel bad for Doug Collins. But, this Philly DA should be putting the blame on the sixers front office for giving up their best player (iguodala) and some draft picks. Yeah, Bynum is only 25, has played in one of the league's best systems and won a championship. But, he's a complete knucklehead and this yr has had more hairstyles than minutes on the floor. I'd be quite upset if the Rox go after him this offseason

1 person likes this.