1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philadelphia 76ers vs. Pheonix Suns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SLA, Jan 2, 2003.

1. SLA

SLA Member

Amare Stoudamire is awesome. Well....he is big and fast and strong. That's pretty much all he needs. Hmm....most of his 11 first quarter points were off dunks. He's not scared of anything. He just dunks. And he dunks good.

These ESPN commentators keep on complimenting Amare and Kenny Thomas. They love Kenny Thomas!

I guess Kenny is the starting small forward for the 76ers. He's still his old self....but he's passing more...weird....but he's doing a great job. Good luck to him...

The ESPN guy said said how could the first eight owners miss Amare in the draft...other than Yao. That's good. He still believes Yao deserved to be #1. :)

AND...Stephon Marbury said Amare and KG are like MJ and Mario Elie.......everyone has been against it. And they say that Stephon doesn't pass much. They say he isn't a true point guard. Penny Hardaway is the reason Amare has been doing so well...Kevin Garnett has more range and is much better than Amare right now. He is pretty impressive but everything is near the basket...

The Suns are going to win... I hope they lose. :(

2. cmellon

cmellon Member

Don't worry. They'll lose.
    They'll lose to Lakers again next Saturday, or would you rather Lakers win?

3. Truth

Truth Member

Yao WILL have to step it up in order to win ROY. But I don't thinkhe's concerned with that though, his main concerns are 1) Winning and 2) Resting, so if Yao isn't that worried about it I guess I shouldn't be either. BUT, just in case he was he could easily get it if he was somehow able to get off atleast 15 shots a game. AND in order to do that Steve and Cat will have to give him the ball instead of jacking up one of their ill-advised P everyone off shots. Yao can win the ROY as long as the Rox are winning.

4. cujo

cujo Member

Amare is definitely athletic, and a true power forward. Yao is more skilled and smart. It's gonna be hard to pick ROY, but if Amare continues with his play while Suns are winning, he will be ROY. Personally, I think If YAO is the focal point of an offense, he will dominate with his post moves and passing. Amare doesn't seem like he can do much if he is the focal point because when he is doubled, he doesn't have a jumper and can't really pass the ball. He may develop this later, but right now he's just a bulldozer. He gets most of his points off dunks, which isn't bad, but when he is doubled, what else can he do? Regardless, I think he will win ROY if Suns keep winning.

5. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I really wish i could support stoudemire, i really do. but, it just makes me sick that he fell right into the suns lap. Why do western conference teams that we must battle daily always have to luck out due to the eastern conference's incompetence? The suns, one of our major opponents of the future bumble into the next great power forward, while the best the east can muster is dujaun wagner and caron butler? No wonder the east sucks.

6. CY02

CY02 Member

Amare may just win ROY. Not that Yao cares me think.

7. ScreamingRocketJet

The EAST GM's must be kicking themselves over this one. Imagine the impace he could have had in the EAST. The best PF's there = Martin, who'd give him a battle on D, and J O'Neal.

Apart from that it;s four games against the likes of Coleman, Brown, Chandler, Shareef etc...all whome he's abuse with his power.

In two years, he'd be unstoppable in the east.

Scott Layden has hit some pretty low lows in his time at the Knicks...but passing up this kid (the NYK's had pick #7) is going to HAUNT them.

8. AGBee

AGBee Member

KT led Philly in scoring, rebounds, and assists in this game. He took more shots than AI :eek:

9. cmellon

cmellon Member

IMO, even if Amare later turns out to have better stats, as long as Yao's performance does not degrade too much, Yao will win ROY. It's politics. Yao will expand NBA reach multiple times, not only to China, but to Asian countries in general. Think about the global support. Think about the potential income derived from various cable programs, advertising, NBA gears, etc.

10. SLA

SLA Member

Yeah....KENNY THOMAS has his playing time now. He's been doing great. He still looks the same...he must be sad....losing last 4 out of 5. :( He's being abused....doesn't he wish he had Yao in the middle?

AMARE...golly.......he's good. HMm......

YAO MING was a CHINESE GUY. He hasn't even been in the UNITED STATES for a YEAR yet. HE HASN'T SEEN THIS MANY WHITE AND BLACK PEOPLE IN HIS LIFE. HE HASN'T SEEN SO MANY FAT PEOPLE. HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED THIS MANY BIG PEOPLE. HE MOVED ACROSS AN OCEAN AWAY. HE HAS HAD TO ADAPT TO CULTURE AND THE NBA. He lost all his family and friends. All he has is his mother. He has been through a lot. It hasn't been bad but it must be stressful. Yao was scoreless for a couple of games.........but then he just scored like hell and he was doing awesome. He was like double-double for 7 games in a row....but now he has settled down. I hope Amare Stoudemire will be like this. He has finally exploded as well and is now doing great, but maybe he will reach the "WALL". I HOPE!!! If he doesn't, he may be the Rooke of the Year. UNLESS YAO RETURNS TO HIS DALLAS MAVERICK WAYS.