1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson thinks Rockets titles are tainted.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRockets, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

He only needles teams who can beat the Lakers.

2. J-Man

J-Man Member

Phil who??

He mad cuz we beat his team?

3. crossover

crossover Member

I was going to post something similar to this. Did anyone actually read the quotes given by Yahoo? It was really hard to tell what Phil Jackson's intent or real meaning was.

It's more of media yet again sensationalizing a few phrases with a controversial article title for sake of viewer traffic. And unfortunately, it seems it worked for 98% of the responses thus far in this thread.

Read actual quotes/references and make unbiased decisions for yourself. Critical thinking 101 guys.

1 person likes this.
  4. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I appreciate what you two have brought to this thread... well-reasoned, nicely written posts.

Still, Phil can suck it.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

and how do you know for sure that he was being sarcastic? if its really hard to tell what the intent was?

and Phil Jackson always have said something against other teams, maybe to mess up with their heads or something.

Phil Jackson said this kind of things all the time, its nothing new on him.

6. The Situation

The Situation Member

[​IMG]

Zen Master doing his thing

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Please don't make excuses for Phil. He was a douche before this happened. It isn't based on just this one incident.

8. durvasa

durvasa Member

Was he asked about this after the loss, or before the game? That could be a factor.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

We don't know, but as I said in my previous post, my friend actually WATCHED the press conference. He said that the reporter asked something along the lines of "Do you feel like the Rockets championships were tainted?" and Jackson gave him a look of incredulousness, and then gave him a sarcastic answer. Jackson has always been arrogant, but even for him, this feels like it's going too far. That last part where he said "When Michael played, we won" pretty much put it over the top for me.