1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phenix City, Alabama

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RoxSqaud, May 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

What a **** place to grow up in...

If you ever have the chance, do not go there.

It's the most depressing place on this planet....by far.

Pretty much all it has is:

a trillion pine trees...
    a pretty nice looking walmart...
    Taco bell...
    trailer parks w/ sum nice ole folks livin in em..
    couple more pine trees
    some meth heads

and oh yeah...

East Alabama Motor Speedway.....Yee Haw! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Lived there my whole childhood...plus a couple years....and it sucked beyond belief.

...and definitly played a part in the ****ed up person I am today..

but yeah...anyone else grow up in a place like good ole Phenix Sh***ty?

and for the ones who lived in a nice big city as a kid...how was it?...

idk...late night bull**** thread.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I bet if you got to climb or cut down one of those trees or raced on that track you'd have enjoyed it more.

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Are you sure your not living in Dallas?

1 person likes this.
  4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Props to Alabamanians for figuring out how to phonetically spell "phoenix". Roll tide.

#4 boomboom, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What's up with that Channing Tatum guy? He's supposed to be a handsome fellow but all I see is big ears and eyes to close together. Errybody like that in the AL?

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I come from the mean streets of Katy, TX. I was one of the lucky ones.

:p

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I grew up in a super small town in East Texas that, by comparison, makes Phenix City look like a freaking metropolitan paradise.

1) The town was horribly segregated, and race relations were *not* good. The KKK had a very visible presence, and if you fraternized with the opposite race, you paid the price.

2) The schools were literally falling down, I went to school in a building that was built before Sputnik was even conceived.

3) The only industry that rivaled the numerous car dealerships were the churches. Dozens upon dozens of churches, which ran the town like the mob. If you weren't with them, you were pretty much f***ed.

4) The Wal-Mart was pretty much the only game in town, it was the "scene", I wish I was kidding.

5) Trailer parks a-plenty. Meth lab explosions regularly.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

say what you want I bet there is some beautiful tail in a small alabama town like that. Refined maybe not, but I bet that blonde angel can suck a golf ball through a garden hose... I mean you have to post pics of the hottest thangs in Phenix city. I 'm totally down. I bet it would blow the socks of anything in all of Milwaukee combined. Don't be so down about that there is nothing.. I mean nothing like a fine hot southern belle.

also I 'm in southern ca and I really miss the pine trees of the woodlands, conroe area from my youth and can't tell you how under appreciated pine trees are. you should only be so lucky.

9. VanityHalfBlack

At least it's not one of the top most dangerous city in America according to Yahoo!

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112804/most-dangerous-cities-247
    These are America's 10 Most Dangerous Cities:
    1. Flint, Michigan ( Obviously)
    2. Detroit, Michigan ( Not surprised at all)
    3. St. Louis
    4. New Haven, Conn ( Are you serious???)
    5.Memphis, Tenn
    6. Oakland, Ca
    7.Little Rock, Ark
    8. Baltimore
    9. Rockford, Ill ( Really, WTF??)
    10. Stockton, Calif (Tons of Laos, lol)

I guess you get more excitement living in a dangerous city compared to a depressed one.. I don't know, I would hate to live or grow up in a depressing environment, need some action in my life...

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If Jersey aint on the list, it aint credible.....Them mfer's crazy up there for real

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I know y'all mofo's are talking all "U.S.A." or some beeewwwwllllshhh*t... but... I grew up in violent, drug-filled, and truancy-ridden Reynosa, Mexico, sister town to McAllen. There's, like, 2.5 shootings per day now. I'm still alive. :eek: Aren't you all lucky to have me here, suckas?

12. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Grew up in Vancouver, it was great. lol

Not a lot of downside. Winter weather is kind of messed up, because it's rainy/cloudy 75% of the time, gets dark at like 4 pm. Not really a busy city like Toronto or New York. It does get really expensive living there if you don't have a good job.

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Word... grew up in The Woodlands and wouldn't trade my childhood for anything. In fact, I went to college in Lubbock (sh--hole), then spent five years after that living in the Montrose/Midtown area about 45 seconds from downtown, and then when it was time to buy a house, moved back to The Woodlands. My wife and I love it. I still love going to and spending time in the city: Rockets/Astros games, movies at the Angelika (sigh), MFAH exhibits, eating at non-chain restaurants (the scourge of the suburbs, IMO)... but man, The Woodlands is just home. Love the trees, love the parks, love Market Street, love my back yard and my small mortgage... it's a great little city.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Why would anyone go to Alabama in the first place? Almost reminds me of where my cousins live in PA, nothing but trailer parks, mountain men, an ice cream shop that's been "closed for winter" for three years, a **** school system, the occasional house and a gas station. Wal-Mart and KFC are fifteen minutes away.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the woodlands had turned somewhat ghetto? I havent been there in a few years.. or are there just patches of ghetto? What about the schools? How are they? Do they all go to Woodlands high school? How many high schools and are some less ghetto than others? I have young children and I am concerned about them growing up to be too wicked gnarly stoked out here in s california. When I started to look at houses in the woodlands I saw some cheapos and some nice ones. Is there parts you recommend? Thanks!

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

When you look at the most impoverished, backwoods areas in the U.S., the SE is definitely at the top. You've got Appalachia (WV/Kentucky/Tenn), Mississippi, and Alabama. Then of course there's places like Eastern Oklahoma, Greater Detroit, East St. Louis, Oakland, East LA, and New Orleans.

18. Isabel

Isabel Member

I have been living in Alabama for three years and I'm getting sick of it. Even though I spend most of my time in the civilized parts. Tired of tornadoes, of greasy fried chicken, of people who think there is no life beyond the state.

Otherwise, I do like small town atmospheres (nice change from the #5 Most Dangerous City that I grew up in), and Texas, but you have to be careful... I don't want to end up taking my next job in a town that turns out to be like wherever DonnyMost is from.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

first rmtex and now isabel? who's next??

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I grew up in a central California town that was famously mispronounced by Vin Diesel.

No mall.

No In-N-Out.

We didn't even get a Wal-Mart until 1994.

Crackheads and homeless everywhere.

Sky high rent.