1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(PFT) : Omar Khan was offered the job until Jack Easterby showed up to Cal’s House.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ReturnOfTheMac, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It wasn’t that long ago that we thought Rick Smith’s relationship with the McNairs was way too personal and we all felt Bob/Cal would never be able to fire him due to that.

Now we are dealing with Easterby who has apparently the same sort of connection... with zero football accomplishments.

at this point, it’s the McNairs... not racism, not religion, not being hypnotized... they’re entirely dependent/incapable of separating personal connections from the business.

persian hoopa, BigM, Caesar and 18 others like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

We really might be the worst run franchise in the entire league. From playoffs to an XFL roster in 2 years. Running off or trading away all the talent. No cap space. No coach, no one held accountable in ownership. I miss the Renegades.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If this is accurate Houston sports talk radio is going to lose their minds. Pancakes kept saying that Easterby wasn’t involved in the hiring. He and Stoerner kept arguing about it. What’s fatso going to say now?

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yep. Exactly.

Still checking in on how much it'd be to take out a page in the Chronicle....

raining threes likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

Start a gofundme page. Ill contribute. Blast easterbitch, cal and that incest looking caserio. @csj thoughts?

persian hoopa and Nook like this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Is Easterby a hypnotist? That would explain a lot.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Don't bother. You're dealing with people to whom your opinion is insignificant and unimportant. How you feel is not their concern. Come Sept they know that you and yours will be back glued to your TVs following the team because you really have nowhere else to go.

Pbev99, BigM and raining threes like this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thought about it. Lol

Basically would say that it's time to let the prisoners run the prison. That Deshaun is the best QB in Houston history and we need to give him the keys and let him change the culture. That the fans are behind Deshaun more than anyone in the building and that Cal would be taking the risk of those dan's following Deshaun if he didn't fire Easterby.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Does it really matter if it will only be a matter of time before there’s another Easterby?

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It was surprisingly easy to stop watching this team.

11. Buck Turgidson

Not sure, but I know he'll be out of breath by the 2nd sentence.

12. donkeypunch

Couldnt agree more. I didnt watch one full game this year and skipped most of them completely. The only thing that kept me attuned was DW4 on my fantasy team. I really did try to become a saints fan but I just really quit watching football altogether and I was okay with it.

Caesar and raining threes like this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What legacy

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It sure was.

Pbev99, raining threes and Nook like this.
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Texans are such a crap franchise. A chance to completely remake the team that has failed the last 20 years to get anything done and now it's worse than before the hiring of Caserio. Now you're stuck for years with this terrible Easterby/Caserio duo and whichever sycophant they bring onboard while the players that matter want out of this team, like, I don't know, a young QB that is a franchise player.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Hey Rick Smith used to get up early and go pick up old man Bob and his goober son Cal every Sunday morning really early so they all could go to church together and then later have a Sunday fried chicken social... it worked for awhile for Rick but not after his wife was ill and slimy O’Brien entered the picture and portrayed himself as the God fearing Christian family man... then an actual “Reverend” came to town and runs the show.

Caserio is another Bible banger as well so this should be fun.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It can certainly be more than one thing.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

He is a Jedi Master. The mind trick is REAL!

conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Nah Cal is just a man child trying to play boss of his dads company. Don’t forget this is a guy who asked the GM of his dads pro football team to be The Godfather of his child. This was such a HUGE red flag for things to come.

Nook and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I hope Watson goes scorched earth in the media.

Keep playing to the best of your abilities, but take every chance to remind the world what an inept, gullible, silver spooned chump Cal is.

Nook likes this.