1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PFT: Andre Johnson on staying in Houston: “I’m under contract”

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Fantasma Negro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nson-on-staying-in-houston-im-under-contract/

Smh the management of this franchise has become a joke. Kubes thanks for securing a top 5 draft pick for the next coach and confirming the fact that you're incompetent. Have a great time being the OC in Tampa next year

2. Summer Song Giver

Love to see Dre in Green Bay or New England to finish his career, he deserves better than this train wreck of a franchise.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Anywhere but New England.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wouldn't love to see Dre anywhere else. However, he does 'deserve' it. I would like to see him get a ring, although it would be extremely bitter if he didn't get it with Houston after wasting all of these years.

5. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Carolina Panthers need to jump on this.

6. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Andre is gonna sleep on it, go to work tomorrow, and apologize because that's the type of guy he is
    .....................but I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. Everyone has a breaking point.

Any I don't trade him unless he requests it.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He'll get motivated again once they bring in a different coach next season. He'll only request a trade if he had to deal with the Schaub/Kubiak combo again.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

New coaches, new QB.. He'll be fine

This was about Schaub. He sucks. 6 points on like 5 possessions. No way AJ throws a fit if it was Keenum out there.

Kubiak and his bs bias.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Agreed, Andre Johnson isn't exactly a spring chicken but unless they bring back Kubiak or do something that screams multi-year rebuilding mode, he won't request a trade.

One of the reasons he keeps signing extensions is that he wants to build his legacy in this young franchise. The fact is the teams that are likely to be contenders next season may not even want to gamble on Johnson at his age working in their system, outside of maybe receiver strapped ones like Seattle and San Francisco.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Texans will rebound. It'll take a lot of bold moves but it will happen.

TANK TIME.

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I'm po'd for Andre. That was stupid to bring Schaub in, even if you thought he gave us the best chance at winning the game. The season is over, we should be seeing what we have in Case. Let him take his lumps cause that is how you learn and get better.

Andre along with many fans can deal with Case shortcomings cause he is a 2nd yr rookie (sort of) and is still learning. We have zero patients with Schuab who has had 10 yrs in the league and 7 of them with us.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

Honestly, where the hell else could he even go to where the team could use an expensive WR but doesnt already have one, and can contend?

Pats and maybe Colts (no way in hell) are the only 2 teams I can come up with, unless the Saints want to dump Colston.

Panthers are ok, but I don't see their offense as a scheme where Dre can stat up.

He deserves better though. And he is probably the first Houston athlete I've ever said that about. Schaub and Carr (and Kubes and Capers) pretty much stamped out a Hall of Fame berth for him.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I saw AJ's whole talk with reporters regarding this quote. LOL. Totally taken out of context.

14. Major

Major Member

Chiefs, 49ers, Panthers could all use a legit #1 wideout.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

So could the Seahawks, Packers, Jets, hell even the Colts since Wayne is on his last legs.

This is not going to be fun. If Andre can leverage Kubiak out of here, then by all means. But I just don't hope this franchise is stupid enough to bounce Andre out in a power play. The entire city would turn against the franchise. It would be the way the Astros are now.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If that idiot Kubiak and scrub are back next season, hell I'll feel bad for AJ and I would want him to be traded, the guy is great athlete and great person on and off-the field and he deserves better than having dumbass coach and p***y quarterback.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Why would you think so...!!! we have never seen any bold moves made by the Texans and its owner, one of most obvious moves was firing Kubiak long time ago and it never happened....!!

18. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Didn't he state at one time that he wanted to retire as a Texan? I don't believe he will ever leave this team, it's very obvious that the problem isn't him it's what is happening with the rest of the team. If Johnson leaves it would be a huge wind taken out of our sails!

19. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Wasn't there more to the quote than this?

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Can you please explain how it was taken out of context because I have not seen anything and have no idea what all happen today. I've been so caught up with work I didn't even know it was Sunday. SMH... I know :(