1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PF is our weakest link now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duluth111222, Mar 24, 2012.

?

Is PF position our weakest link?

1. Yes

57 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Whatever dude. You must also be one that believes that if we had gotten Gasol he would have been worthless because he did not want to leave LA. These people are pros and hate to lose.

29 ppg for 5 games before he got injured. I think that says it all.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Funny that the team and organization is wrong....
    They kept avoiding playing him in 4th quarters and 3rd quarters even before the injury. I don't care about his scoring. And I don't care about Gasol. That is Karma.

3. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

Need Morris to back up Parsons

4. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

100th post baby!

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Karma. I know what the word means I just don't see any connection between it and real life. Sorry. Karma is sort of like religion without dogma. It just moves some "cosmic" scale one way or the other. Sort of like Creationists. I just don't get it.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If Morris can't get minutes from a coaching staff that is starting a rookie ... well I think that is saying it all.

7. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

He's not competing against Parsons but with Bud. Bud is a defensive nightmare.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I weakest spot is that the fact we don't have a superstar. Put a superstar at any position on our team, we would be contending.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

and he still is not getting minutes. nuff said

10. dje243

dje243 Member

Still the 2 and the 5. Dalembert and Camby are still just stop-gaps. I'm not saying an upgrade at PF isn't needed however. Gotta make a move to bring a consistent 2 into the fold and bundle any pics we have to draft a 5. Montiejunas coming over should add an interesting dynamic at the 4.

11. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

I would say the SG and SF along with the bench. Sign either harden and hibbert in offseason and trade lowry picks or martin for d will

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We really don't need a 2. If Lowry were healthy, we'd be running Dragic and Lee at the 2. That's pretty good.

Our soft underbelly is still the paint. We still don't have that guy that can dominate the paint for 36 minutes a night.

I love the acquisition of Camby but at this stage of his career, he's more like a 20 mpg guy. Patterson, for whatever reason (injury maybe?) hasn't stepped it up. He's regressed all over the court. Scola is a nice player but when he goes up against size and length, his game flattens out and his efficiency goes down a whole lot. Dally is a backup big. He's not a true starting big man. He's all we got.

We are soft in the paint, and if we get to the playoffs, it's gonna show up when we play the Spurs or Lakers.

13. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

Team needs a 25 ppg 10 Rebs per monster Pf or center... Have to find one
    In the draft.

14. JCole

JCole Member

Heavy center is a weakest link... we dont have one :eek:

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I should have changed the poll to list all 5 positions. Didn't think the opinions would be so diversified...

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Long as it's not PG. Our point guard play is the anchor of our team. Lowry/Dragic are why were are contending for the playoffs. Add any superstar at the 2-5 to Lowry/Dragic and we are a championship contender... I agree there.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't agree we're soft in the paint on defense/rebounding. Dalembert + Camby is SOLID. It doesn't matter that they're both 24 minutes a game guys--that adds up to 48, it's fine.

I think the biggest help would be an offensive post scorer who can create his own shot & play on both ends.

18. jopatmc

Camby is solid defensively.

Dally is an enigma. Just watch.

Oh, and they're really both one-way players. I know Dally is hitting some jumpers. But that's actually bad because if he hits a couple, he starts thinking he can shoot a bunch more of them. He shouldn't be shooting them. He should be running PnR and going to the rim and staying at the rim.

Camby is 38. Still a phenomenal defensive player and rebounder. Much better than Dally. He should be starting over Dally. And if they both went to training camp together as the two bigs, Camby would unseat Dally in about 2 weeks. However, it's the end of the year, Camby just got here, and Dally has been here the whole season.

If we make the playoffs, our best big man combination is going to involve Camby....and probably Scola...since Patterson is playing in a fog right now. It's unfortunate for us that Patterson has regressed because a big man combo of Camby up top and Patterson working agressively around the rim is very appealing. Patterson is shooting that stupid 17 footer ad nauseum. Starting to remind me of Juwan Howard. I hate it. He needs to get his a.. in the low box and get aggressive down there. He is playing soft.

Patterson is playing soft. Dally is soft. Camby isn't soft defensively but he's a one-way player. Scola is very, very, very soft defensively. If we make the playoffs our soft interior will be exposed.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

The fact that our defense gets SO MUCH better with Dalembert on the floor (over the course of the entire year) goes against the idea that Dalembert is bad defensively.

20. jopatmc

Depends on where you are coming from, Orem. If you totally suck defensively, which we do when we have Scola or Patterson playing center, and then you stick in Dally and you get better...it doesn't mean you are good and Dally is a good defender. All those gimmick type lineups fade into oblivion in the playoffs when you are playing against the real big boys.

Dally has potential and ability to defend well. And he does defend well for moments. But mark it down, Dally is not a pressure player. The playoffs are a different story. Everything gets exposed under the intensity and light of the playoffs. Dally will unwind, he'll get in foul trouble, he'll have some turnovers, He'll miss more shots than he makes, and he won't be nearly as effective against playoff teams. If we make the playoffs, don't be surprised if Camby winds up playing more minutes than Dally.