1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peyton Manning received HGH in 2011

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by samtaylor, Dec 26, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to hear it looks like there is nothing there. These reporters probably should've vetted the story better.

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I need those drugzzzzz

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Peyton Manning tells Peter King he'll &quot;probably&quot; sue over HGH allegations; &quot;I'm that angry,&quot; <a href="https://t.co/AN6JGlWaVG">https://t.co/AN6JGlWaVG</a> <a href="https://t.co/DIyLMKLVV3">pic.twitter.com/DIyLMKLVV3</a></p>&mdash; NBC Sports (@NBCSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/681272156110622720">December 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Sly alleges the clinic sent growth hormone and other drugs to Ashley Manning, Manning’s wife, so that there could never be a connection to Peyton.

The perfect plan.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

I mean why even risk sending it to his wife if it's true? Send it to Cooper.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Can't help being a douchebag, eh?

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

???

I wasn't.

I own you so bad that you've now resorted to following me around sniping. I dominate your thoughts and control your emotions.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The problem for me is in Payton saying any business that his wife had was hers.....that raises major alarm bells for me.

Why would his wife need HGH from there? Seems like plausible deniability to me.

DD

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Gives her tighter, fuller lips. Who doesn't want that?

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I actually watched the 1 hr special report. It was ok. While Manning was the name drop to end the show, I don't really even remember Sly (who was being filmed secretly) explicitly saying anything that bad about him. There were implications, but I think the only thing they could definitively conclude was that his wife got HGH shipments. And to legally obtain HGH, you have to be suffering from HIV, cancer, or some other debilitating disease, and you wouldn't get it from an anti-aging clinic.

It was late last night, so I was tired, so I might not have all the details 100% down. But anyhow, it's probably most damning to that doctor in Indy Giver or whatever his name is. He's prescribing HGH for alternative uses, which while legal for other drugs, is illegal for HGH. Or maybe Manning's wife is suffering from something big that they don't want to get out.

I don't think I'm being naive to the possibility that Manning doped. But the reason I'm giving Manning an out here is because of the way all the sources spoke on hidden camera about their connections (not only Sly). Names were not just dropped, but details were given about the direct communications and programs and supplements that they were on. It's much more damning evidence to Clay Matthews, Gary Neal, Julius Peppers, Ryan Howard, and Ryan Zimmerman. They even had a bit baseball player (forgot his name) admit to usage on camera. As for Manning, the most Sly said was like he knew Manning and his wife came to the clinic together. And according to Manning, this isn't news, as he informed his team of getting treatment at that clinic.

Edit: I just wanted to add that the production decisions were probably a strategic error. They would have been much better off making a Manning mention, but not using it as the seller of the show. The evidence was much better against other star players, but Al Jazeera didn't see it as big enough I guess. But to me, Ryan Howard and Clay Matthews and Peppers are stars. The production was also annoyingly British. I get it that they're British, but in addition to using the Queen's English, they use British sports slang and terminology instead of the American counterpart....it's supposed to be Al Jazeera America is it not? And when introducing the athletes it was just very annoying with the fake voice-overs...hard to describe unless you see it. Anyhow, the main point is using Manning as the selling point is bad because it can discredit the whole report, especially because the evidence was the weakest there.

#30 Kim, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  11. bigtexxx

Sounds pretty amateurish

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

C'mon, people - how many people legally obtain HGH in the US? I can't think that number is high at all. Now, what are the odds that the wife of an aging athlete who would OBVIOUSLY benefit from HGH would be one of those people? Seems pretty obvious that Manning did it. Also, I think I saw something on TV that recanted testimony carries no weight in the courts.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

I agree 100%

Didn't Roger Clemens wife also get a shot of something?

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Oh, I'm completely aware of the possibility that Manning did HGH, but as I said, using solely the evidence gathered by multiple undercover sources, things don't add up the same way for Manning imo. I watched the whole show.

The evidence, by order of strength:
    1) The MLB player admitting and talking about his usage on hidden camera (small-timer, never had a bad test, was used to establish credibility for the clinic when selling them for their services towards the undercover British athlete working for Al Jazeera).

2) Gary Neal - the poster child for the company selling the drugs. They have an extensive relationship with him and on hidden camera, the dealers talk about what he's on and his schedule and get very detailed.

3) Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Ryan Howard, Zimmerman, and a few others I can't remember - these are mostly name drops by Sly. He goes into some detail about what they order and how much. Saws Matthews is mostly clean because he's high profile and they don't want him to get in trouble.

4) Peyton - ok. Again, it can be totally possible that he's ordering this stuff via his wife. But the problem I have is that he was never secretive about his relationship with Guyer Anti-aging clinic. He told the Colts about the treatments he got there (according to Manning). Then you add the fact that none of the witnesses they caught talking about cheating on hidden camera had any direct interaction with Manning. So these guys supplied and worked with and talked about working with all those other athletes. These suppliers are admitting to help athletes cheat. But the best they got on Manning was basically, "oh yeah, Manning and his wife went to this clinic where I worked to get treatment and HGH was shipped to his wife."

So, is it possible that Manning is being more secretive in his methods than the others and still used HGH? Yes. But he didn't work directly with any of the guys they had on camera, unlike the other athletes. And he never hid his relationship with Guyer, so that wasn't a news worthy thing like the report made it out to be. Is it more possible that his wife is obtaining HGH legally, but that doctor Guyer is illegally prescribing it? Yes, imo. It's also possible that Manning's wife is suffering from one of the few debilitating diseases that allow for legal HGH use but just doesn't want it disclosed.

The report seemed to indicate that the best evidence they have is that Manning's wife is probably using HGH for a non-approved use, which means her doctor Guyer illegally prescribed it. And maybe Manning used it too. But none of that was on the same level of evidence they had for other players. Oh yeah, James Harrison was also named. The sources they caught on hidden camera were all about name dropping and saying "we did this for this guy," but it was just very different 2nd hand knowledge when it came to Manning.

15. i3artow i3aller

:eek:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Cable news network Al Jazeera America says it is shutting down just 2 1/2 years after its launch.</p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AP/status/687360794145755136">January 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. bigtexxx

Not a shock. No credibility.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Terrific product but it's like trying to sell vegetables to children. Vegetables with a spooky sounding foreign name, at that.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Their 3 viewers will be highly disappointed.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...s-denver-broncos-five-keys-to-the-game-012416