1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peyton Manning 'mooning' lawsuit proceeds

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/football/article/0,1406,KNS_321_2377002,00.html

INDIANAPOLIS - A former University of Tennessee athletic trainer who is suing Peyton Manning for defamation suggests in a court filing that a 1996 incident in which Manning "mooned" her is more serious than the Colts quarterback lets on in a book he co-authored.

Jamie Ann Naughright, who was known as Jamie Whited while employed at UT, sued Manning in May 2002, two years after the release of his book "Manning," which he co-wrote with his father, Archie.

At one point, the book recounts a 1996 incident in which Manning exposed his rear to Naughright as she examined one of his feet.

In that incident, Naughright alleges that Manning pulled down his pants and placed his testicles and "naked butt and rectum" on her face.

Without using Naughright's name, Manning's book describes his version of the incident. He wrote that the trainer had a "vulgar mouth," but concedes that his behavior was "inappropriate."

"Crude, maybe, but harmless," he wrote.

Manning declined further comment Thursday. Repeated phone calls to his attorneys from The Indianapolis Star were not returned.

Tennessee officials maintain Manning intended the joke for another athlete. Last week's filing, in Polk County, Fla., included a letter written by the supposed target of the "mooning," cross country runner Malcolm Saxon.

In the letter, written to Manning last December, Saxon says he is not taking sides and is tired of the issue.

"Peyton, the way I see it, at this point you are going to take a hit either way, if you settle out of court or if it goes to court," the letter said. "You might as well maintain some dignity and admit to what happened. ... Your celebrity doesn't mean that you can treat folks this way. ... Do the right thing here!!"

The mooning incident was among four of the 33 charges of sexual harassment Naughright would file against the school.

She received a $300,000 settlement to leave Tennessee in August 1997, before Manning's senior season.

Manning later apologized to the trainer and received extra running as punishment.

Naughright's lawsuit, which was filed in May 2002, seeks more than $15,000 and names both Mannings among the defendants. It asserts that Peyton Manning's motive for defaming Naughright included widespread rumors about the incident affecting his Heisman Trophy chances as a senior.

2. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

33!!!!!!!!!
    33!!!!!!!!!
    You've got to be kidding me! What a liar that woman is. Either you are making yourself a target of this b.s. "harassment" or you're making it up and now have a big target in Peyton. Give me a break!

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

That sounds nasty, I think I would sue also(if it were true, of course)

4. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

No kidding. Somebody drops their wainer and chocolate starfish in my face, they're leaving with a black eye and a lawsuit.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

No offense, but I can't picture somebody with the name "GreenVegan" punching anybody.

6. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Bonus points for him if he gave her a 'Man-gina' in addition to the mooning.

7. bamaslammer

Craig Shumaker rules! Or perhaps he gave her the chicken breast?

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Somewhere Ladd Herzog is laughing...

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Let's all hope that if something like this were to happen to your wife or kids, you wouldn't have the same reaction.

(that doesn't mean I believe the allegations to be true...I, just like bamaslammer, don't know the truth)

10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I got me a quote!!!

11. mulletman

mulletman Member

Manning pulled down his pants and placed his testicles and "naked butt and rectum" on her face.

thats freakin hilarious!!:D

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm guessing if he did it to you your opinion might change.

13. bamaslammer

But seriously, 33 allegations? Unless she was Brittney, there is no way that she was "harassed" that many times unless she is either easily offended or was trying to profit on the sexual harassment legal action gravy train.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Unlike many on this BBS, I have no problem admitting a mistake. I must've simply read over that and didn't even think to wonder what you were referring to. My bad.

Carry on. :)

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why is it that 33 incidents is hard to believe?

16. bamaslammer

I just don't think that UT in Knoxville (even though I hate UT, their football team, their coach, their mascot, their fight song "Rocky Top" and all of their obnoxious fans....nothing sucks like a Big Orange) is such a den of harassment. With 33 "incidents" filed, she has an axe to grind.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe it's one count for each pube she can specifically recall.

18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Sizzle Chest, given the description of the exposure, it actually appears as though the woman's face was *underneath* Manning's rectum. All that was visible from her vantage point would have been the bottom of the scrotum, the rectum and the buttocks. It would be physically impossible for her to see pubic hair, given her angle. Frankly, I would be surprised if she saw any hair at all, unless Manning practiced very poor hygeine and did not wax his sack and hind quarters, as any good metrosexual would.

19. HootOwl

HootOwl Contributing Member

OH ME TOO...

I was so exhausted by the end of 5OT on Saturday I had to go lie down...my poor Tide :(

Ugh, I hate Fulmer...

Sorry, that was off-topic...

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

This is one of the funniest posts ever.............in an odd sort of way.

Good job TJ.