1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to start Nick "Sam Cassell" Johnson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Mar 24, 2015.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

FWIW, Johnson hasn't done anything to impress me yet. Since I am scarcely a basketball expert, he really must not have impressed the coaches yet either.

2. CertifiedTroll

He made a game winning lay up for us.

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Signed! At this point it would be irresponsible not to play him. Dorsey, Josh, Ariza, Brewer, Johnson. Crash the boards and run.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Nick, Capela and Prigioni will ultimately be our X Factors going into the playoffs.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you're not impressed by his rebounding, you're not watching. Nick gets his hands on a loose ball way more than he should at his height, but he can jump out the gym.

6. Chamillionaire

He can defend. That's all I see right now. He has no elite skill on the other side. Can't shoot, can't draw fouls, nada. If he can learn to hit 3s maybe we have Bevs replacement.

7. Ismail

Ismail Member

Once the game slows down for him, he's going to be a great weapon for us. He got beat a couple of times on D yesterday, but then made that up with some exceptional defending and rebounding on other plays. If his offensive game develops he will be really good.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Nick and Capela will likely combine for 0 minutes in the playoffs.

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

No wonder teams want the rockets in the 1st round:(

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Looks like he's good at finishing around the basket. He's had some contested layups go in.

Facilitating and shooting don't come naturally to him. Those are things he can pick up over time (especially shooting). Even DMo and TJones have become ok shooters.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

His defense and rebounding has been top notch. I haven't seen a Rocket guard sky for a board like he can since Franchise

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Nick Johnson could be our weapon againist stephen curry in the playoffs... i dunno, it just might be crazy enough to work

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Our X factors are and will be D-Mo and Brewer.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am pleased with Johnson's effort, and I do see him on the playoff roster but I wish McDaniels could play 5-8 minutes a game as Harden's backup, while switching Brewer at the 1 at times. Prigioni could then come off the bench to take over the PG responsibilities.

Perhaps KJ will get to play next year, or he might be let go.

On a different note, I think Capela's confidence might take a momentary hit by benching him against the Mavs. Sure his FT % is non-existent, but Dorsey isn't much better at it either. I think he was partially benched because the Mavs are more of a jump shooting/ slashing team.

I hope he will get some minutes against OKC.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jones and Smith too. If these guys can give a solid playoff performance, we should be able to make it to the 2nd round.

16. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

There's a big difference between 28% and 0%. Dallas was going to hack-a-whatever and we had to get both Dorsey and Capella out of there. They then picked the wrong guy to hack in Josh. Dallas even used the hack-a while they were ahead, for crying out loud. Clint will be ok and he is getting some valuable experience....but his minutes have to be really carefully chosen.

Kanter and Adams are both a handful for Clint at this point.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Johnson needs to be given more freedom to work the magic instead of being put under wraps. Johnson's athletic prowess is being limited by trying too hard to fit in the hole that McHale puts him in without the freedom to explore and attack with passion.

18. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I've seen enough of Nick to want to see more. His defense and rebounding are top notch. I'm anxious to see how he fares against Westbrook Sunday as Prigs and Terry will likely be completely overmatched.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nick and Clint should be in the gym right now shooting the ball

Rocket River

20. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The whole team needs to be in the gym shooting foul shots. Carlisle already tipped his hand how they'll play us... Hack-every-rockets-big.