1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to fire Stephen Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 15, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jalen and Alpi are at that talent and work ethic threshold where they will improve regardless of the situation around them but it still limits their potential.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

brother is doing godly work!
    we could do better without silas and i am sure silases wife and kids will welcome to spend more time with him...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I wouldn't mind keeping him if it looked like he was trying to implement or work on offensive/defensive schemes but we're literally just playing 24hr fitness bball. I don't think anyone knows what their role is on the team other than like 3 players. All I ask is that Silas attempt to build a foundation of a house but instead he's staring at the sun with no sunglasses.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Imagine seeing Jalen and Segun running a competent offense and thinking "KPJ dribbling for 23 seconds, that's what I want."

It literally makes no sense. He would know KPJ's off-ball shooting stats too. He is not blind. It must be a deliberate tank job.

BallSoHarden, fchowd0311 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

This is turning into a Curry vs Monta situation.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Pathetic and you want Lucas to take over, cause that’s basically what you’re going to get so think long and hard before you take that jump to the dark side.

7. fchowd0311

There has to be some competent veteran coach out there that sees some of this young talent and wants a project but man that's asking for some veteran coaches to eat up some of their legacy and endure a hit to their career winning percentage for a bit.

We'll still be losing but we will be losing 2 out of every 3 games instead of 10 out of every 12.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like Silas as the tank commander.

Quit your b!tchin and trust the process.

Futron likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

And the current promising players get their development stunted?

You know this team is so bad right now that we still will be in the Wemby sweepstakes if we improve to winning 1 out of every 3 games?

This team is so bad now that we can up our winning rate by quite a bit and still have a shot at him.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think they are getting their development stunted.

I see a lot of improvement from these kids .... You guys just lookin for someone to blame.

Futron likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho its only natural for the young to develop... this development should be 3x development we see...otherwise whats the point of the coach?

you are the coach in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD you should be able to take a random guy off the street and make him better(let alone the most talented guys hes given), and not only better, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE HIM INSPIRED MY SON!

if you cant do that get the **** outa here!

because i dont see any inspiration round here my son...on contrary i see him holding inspired guys back!

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are just a defeatist looking forward to get a new shiny toy...because jabari has already worn out and not fun as advertised at all..

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I am sorry to inform you of this but coaches are judged by one thing and one thing only in professional sports……and that’s their record. Silas should be thanking the stars that he still has a job. Eventually he has to win or there will be no more fans. We put up with this for awhile, but if we’re still at this juncture with this staff in two years it will be time to find another hobby (which many fans have aleady done by the looks of the attendance).

ElPigto and ashleyem like this.
  15. Futron

Futron Member

I'm going to start a petition to stop your petition before he gets fired too soon and you ruin our chances at a top pick this year! :mad:

Corrosion and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Silas should get 3 years to demonstrate improvement. I’m not okay with cutting that short. I’m not okay with adding a 4th year on top of 3 years without improvement. So far we are off to a terrible start. It’s frustrating for everyone. But we should be patient and see how this year plays out. I don’t have much faith in Silas but we should be fair. And there’s no benifit to the team from firing him during the season. Worst case scenario is he commands another year of the tank, we get another top pick. Then we can move on from him or freak out at Tillman for sticking with him after 3 of the worst seasons with no improvement.

#36 Aruba77, Nov 16, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    Corrosion and Futron like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You sweet summer children are making this year worse than it needs to be. Recognize and accept whats going on.

[​IMG]

Futron likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your other takes might be decent but yeah even journalists who do not cover the Rockets regularly think the Rockets do not look good and a change of scenery would do great for coach and team.

The irony is it doesn't help Silas at all for his new gig, getting whooped on a regular basis.

Maybe sacking him during the season does not look great so they better notice him in advance that his days are numbered.

It would be fair to get him the memo in advance.

#38 daywalker02, Nov 16, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I think you are completely underestimating his detriment to the development of our guys.