1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition: Say No To Cythia Cooper (*TIM*)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DLS, Aug 2, 2004.

1. DLS

DLS Member

Ok, something has to be done. We can't just wait for the Rockets to make one of the biggest mistakes. Cythia Cooper is not capable or even worthy (experience?) to be the Rocket's color commentator. Her calling games would taint the complete enjoyment of watching Rocket games.

Please, if you are absolutely against Cythia Cooper being assigned the color commentator position, reply with your name.

Tim, please let the organization know, we are against this!

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i second that.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

4. tuan209

tuan209 Member

COOP, IF YOU'RE READING THIS DO THE RIGHT THING AND STEP DOWN PLEASE, WALK AWAY AND DO ALL ROCKETS FAN A MAJOR SERVICE THANK YOU

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Less articulate local celebrity vs. no name studio analyst?

I vote to give Cynthia one more chance, she has less on her plate this season and could will probably prepare better. Plus she is under contract for this season.

What do you guys do for a living and how do you qualify? And what if someone started a PETITION to get you fired! Cynthia was bad last season but I think this thread is a little unfair.

MHO

6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

7. sumofuk

sumofuk Member

I will have to come out for this one!!
    She is the worst I have ever seen

www.four.nu
    Houston Alternative Metal

8. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

coop is a great gal. but come on. its hard enough listening to her fumble her 5 minute spiel during half time. now 48 minutes more of it. bullard was fine! bring back air bullard.

9. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Say no to Coop! PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!

10. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

It's not about her in the studio, though I would like to see her replaced there, it's about the possibility that she could become the Rockets color commentator.

11. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

I'm sure she's a nice person, and I have respect for her as a person and as a player. I'm sure she has the knowledge to do a good job as a color commentator. Unfortunately, it takes more than that. She is painful to listen to.

I have to agree - Tim, please let it be known that the fans oppose this decision.

12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, you've got to be kidding. First, what she did for a living was play basketball. That does not make her automatically qualified for this job.

As for what we all do for a living: it doesn't matter. if I had trained as a refrigerator repair man, you couldn't just pluck me out of that job and tell me to be an accountant. What if Coop was all of a sudden picked to teach your child math, or better yet, English? Would you be so against a petition to get her removed? When someone is unqualified for a job, there should definitely be a "complaint box" for the people that they serve to voice there complaints.

13. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

Oh, the hoorah! Tim: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

14. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

If we can find 3 fans that think this is a good idea, I'll kiss Les' ass.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

If I was that bad at my job, and I got promoted, I couldn't complain if it upset some people.

17. Tim

Tim Member

See my post in the other thread.

With all due respect to the cluthizens -- you're over-reacting to a false rumor.

Tim

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Man that post made my day!

19. Tim

Tim Member

Er ... clutchizens. I have no idea what a cluthizen is. Can't be good, though.

Tim

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

First of all this thread should have never been started. Clutch's thread is enough, this one is overkill. Secondly, teaching is a lot different from ENTERTAINMENT. Coop is an entertainer and is hired by the Rockets organization to entertain, not do calculus (big difference). Cynthia has a HUGE fanbase and is a local hero.

However having read Clutch's thread about her NEWLY proposed position, I am a little less passionate about my argument. :eek: :cool: