1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition: Please TMac, No More Predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RigoRocket, Mar 12, 2008.

1. RigoRocket

RigoRocket Contributing Member

I'm a longtime lurker, but I feel I really have to speak up about this. I love TMac and am an optimist. But please, how about we lose the predictions! It didn't work for the Utah series and it nearly screwed us today. Yes, we won, but that was the worst game offensively in awhile. I like Battier's attitude: stay hungry. Who's with me?

2. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Cosigned.

+1

5 stars

you get my drift ;)

3. juju14

juju14 Member

LOL He didn't make an prediction.The media spin his words and made it seem like he did.Big difference.

4. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

One thing I have to point out though:

He DID NOT guarantee anything in the Utah series. He did that a couple years back in Orlando

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

It's not Tmac's fault. It's Dick's head you want.

6. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I have to say your post per year is impressive.

7. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

That's not going to stop teams from giving it their all and trying to end our streak.

8. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

how about we donate to the tip jar and raise funds so you illiterates can learn how to read.

9. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

repeated for emphesis

10. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You can speak up in the other thread. There's a thread about the prediction already.

11. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

cosigned. please t-mac, no half-predictions, no "technically, i didn't make a prediction" predictions, nothing. just play hard, respect the game. ok? pretty please?

12. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Tmac made a half prediction. I think josh smith talking about wanting to break our streak is what jinxed them. Even though he did put up 20+ rebounds. yikes.

13. liangqj

liangqj Member

Please trust TMac. It is on us now, not me. That is Tmac's attitude.
    Can you find out the true before you posted such thread?

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'n not worried. This streak seems unjinxable. Though I expect we'll have a letdown after win 21 and get spanked by the Lakers. But, we'll repay them in the postseason.

15. ACID

ACID Rookie

Oh please, give me a break. The Rockets WON!!.. What else do you want? :rolleyes:

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

thank you!!

i hate predictions like those, it only motivates the other team!

17. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I read an interview too and what he said could have easily been interpreted as a guarantee or a semi-cocky statement. It doesn't necessarily have to explicitly state a guarantee in order for it to be rubbed off in the wrong way, especially if the "enemy" gets their hand on it. The coach can use it as motivator-type thing in the locker room, you never know.

Just think of it this way: If we had lost tonight, I can bet you none of you will back up what he says and this thread would be entirely different in meaning. Just food for thought ;)

But good 2nd half tonight for Tmac. Too bad he had to hold on to the ball too long and too often, as evidenced by his 2 assists and lack of the usual team movement.

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

*edited

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The probelm is, its like 70 percent of the posters seemed like they want the Rockets to lose just because Tmac said that. They gave up on the game after the first half and already put the blame on Tmac.

20. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

there is no "seemed" about it. the same people that want him gone are the same outraged posters.