1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peter Vecsey: Grade 3 sprain - out 6-8 weeks - may need surgery - Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 21, 2018.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Woj shuts this Peter douchebag down.

2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

looked nothing like a grade 3

amaru, cbs1507 and HP3 like this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

Rest him til after the All star break. Thats about 3 more weeks.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Vescey making things up again

5. Remix

Remix Member

Still. 40 million ****ing dollars for a guy with no hamstrings. CP3's contract will sink this team for the next 4 years if Morey doesn't figure a way out of it

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

So much for the 6-8 weeks report and end of season posts. Good job making things up and people eating it all up. No wonder Stephen A and co are in business

J.R., BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's sound advice, in my opinion. I just hope the optimistic news trickling out is on the level. I could use some optimism. We all could.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly....I'm ready to trade EG(i hate that) and whatever picks for Beal if they take that.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

As I said 5 hours ago, it is between 2 and 4 weeks.

next 9 games 3 weeks (to January 9)
    Spurs are the easy one, the rest is tough.
    Top 3 in the west: Nuggets, Thunder, GS,
    Only 2 games vs East: Bucks, Celtics

prediction: 2-7

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Investing all that money in an injury prone, end-of-career guard was beyond short-sighted. Now that the inevitable has occurred, we’re stuck with a long contract that is less tradeable than Matt Maloney’s albatross of a deal.

My biggest concern is that the Rockets won’t tank and won’t limit Harden’s minutes. This team desperately needs a lottery pick to improve its youth (we’re the oldest team in the league) and our current collection of contracts aren’t worth even the most dubious of young players. we can’t risk running Harden 40 mpg until he has a career-changing injury. Remember, Yao barely missed any games until he had that first foot fracture, after which he never played close to a full season again. Harden is clearly a more durable player, but one bad landing or collision could start a trend of injuries that would badly compromise his effectiveness

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

D'OH! Fixed it. Thx.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way you can have a grade 3 hamstring tear and walk off the court. You don't have to be a doctor to know that tearing half or more of your hamstring is going to have you carted off

And how can anyone even suggest that before an MRI is done?

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

January 9 prediction record and standing
    18-22
    4 games below .500
    14th seed

Final 42 games
    29-13

47 wins = likely 8th seed

14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Turns out Vescey doesn’t know jack ****.

We good.

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

TNT Chuck said Rockets will not make the playoffs if Paul miss 2 weeks.

16. AB423

AB423 Member

Who is this guy? fire him

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Please line up everyone who flamed me for questioning CP3 contract. I want you to say in these words... "CP3 contract is a great sign, worth every penny he demanded."

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

The issue is that Tilman is not willing to pay repeater tax and Morey has not enough budget to sign a quality starter and Gordon will demand overpaid contract.
    As a result, the current team will be a struggle to make the playoffs every year until 2023.

I think it has to deal Gordon now. I'd say every nba owner can beat Tilman on Gordon's offering.
    Let's say Kings offer Gordon 2 years 40 million.

#158 BigBum, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Funny because I remember a time long long ago when Tillman was willing to give up 4 first rounds and Eric Gordon to take on Jimmy Butler contract who he knows would be asking for max next year... You might be too young to recall when that happened. But lets say it did, Rockets would have been well into the repeater since they are already the 4th highest paid team in the NBA.

It is ok though, welcome aboard to the Rockets. Glad to see fresh faces around here.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, I wish we had Beal! Morey is going to have to improve the roster somehow with at least one player that has high grade talent. It doesn't have to be a star, but someone who might at least be in that conversation. Improving our depth with one or two quality rotation players, a wing and a one, perhaps a big (whatever isn't taken care of with the "near star quality" guy) is also needed, in my opinion. How Morey is going to manage that is a mystery to me. While we have some young talent who are currently in the rotation (House), or in and out of the rotation (Clark, Frankenstein), we need quality veteran depth, preferably with playoff experience.

Considering how we played last season, with 65 wins, and how things have been going so far this season with trying to climb above .500, this might be the toughest task Morey has ever faced. I'm honestly at a loss trying to come up with who he might be able to get. Everyone around the league knows we are desperate now. We weren't before Paul's injury, in my opinion, having improved a great deal the last several games, but we certainly are now. Desperation puts us behind the 8 ball, but that's where we sit. Somehow, Daryl has to pull off a couple of miracles.

Rocket River and HP3 like this.