1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peter King Schools Justice on the Art of Flip Flopping

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by emjohn, Sep 12, 2011.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

On Peyton Manning, both quotes after he underwent spinal fusion

Quote #1
    http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...on-mm-peyton-mannings-career-not-in-jeopardy/

Quote #2

Wow.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

LOL. He's a joke. Kissing Suzy Kolber does a nice job each skewering his silliness every week. For a guy who covers the NFL, I've never known anyone to be so out of touch with it. His emotions and personal connections absolutely rule any insight and knowledge he might gleam from his obvious "in" within the sport. My guess is his first tweet was steeped in denial and "No, this can't be happening!!!!! (sob)" He LOVES him some Pey-Pey.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He's been very influential.....

ON RICHARD JUSTICE

(also, for me to poop on)

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

he's just a long line of sports journalists who think that readers care about the latte they had that morning or the pictures of brett favre's junk they cuddle with at night.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fully evidenced this week....

I think his affinity for certain players should not impact his coverage of said player.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's really sad that SI's flagship NFL writer is their worst one.

Ric is right, the guy writes based on his intuition and personal relationships with teams, coaches, and players.

Very little critical analysis. It's kind of a joke.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

LOL. I was going to reference that. The other thing about King is he can be soooooo easily swept off his feet. Saban, when he was with the Dolphins, had King swooning. So, too, did Pete Carroll. And on cue, he thought both teams would be super-great. He's a sucker for personality. (He once said Romo led the league in smiles. Seriously)

8. Buck Turgidson

We talking about King or McClain?

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Um he does. If you tell me otherwise then you'll have to put up your dukes because it'll be throwdown time. :mad: