1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[pet help] Coughing dog...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDream, Jun 2, 2010.

1. DaDream

DaDream Member

Well that's what I call it. It is a the mut old dog of my roommate/tenant. It's name is "Sox" and is probably around 9-10 years old , I would guess. She has been making this coughing noise all the time.... probably at least once a day, this hacking up a lung episode.
    I have heard a couple different opinions about its prob w/ friends. I also have two kids in the house and am a little worried.
    Should I make this "coughing dog" into a "coffin dog". LOL. :grin:
    Sorry couldn't help it.
    Jokes aside, Any ideas of what's causing this?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You need to take it out back and shoot it.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

It is a living being that needs your help. Take her to the vet.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Go to the vet.

5. DaDream

DaDream Member

Problem is I am a single parent with two kids to take care of and I feel it's not my responsibility. In all honesty I would care less for this dog and would probably just drop it off across town. That would at least give the dog a chance to fend for itself but get it out of my house at the same time. It's a sweet dog but I see it as an animal.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Stop the suffering and pop a cap in it.

7. Poloshirtbandit

give it some robitussin

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

This...

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

can't help but think of this. Hope your dog gets better. Kramer has a lot of faith in vets.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXeV5cqb_3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXeV5cqb_3Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Probably sick. But it could be a deteriorating heart. 9-10 is a little young for a mutt to be experiencing that though, unless its big? Also if it was fed lots of people food... bad heart. Either way I wouldn't think its an immediate need for concern.

11. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

tell ur roommate to look after his or her damn dog

13. itony

itony Member

wow i hope someone just drops you off and lets you die. why even get a dog you freaking idiot? take it to the spca or something where a real human being can take care of it.

14. itony

itony Member

i apologize didn't read that it was the other person's dog. but if you dont want it giving it up would have been the best thing to do

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

You might as well eat it

16. DaDream

DaDream Member

Yeah, it's my room mates. It is a medium sized dog. I have been told it may be heartworms. Is heartworms harmful to humans?
    Listen, I am not a animal hater. I just don't like this dog in it's current condition, in my house. I am not going to take it to the vet that is for sure

17. DaDream

DaDream Member

I guess I better just tell my roommate she will need to take her to the vet and fix her is she is to stay in the house. I meant I wouldn't cuz I don't have the $$.

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

So your roomate wouldnt mind if you just went and dropped it off somewhere?....Does she know about the cough?...I mean if its 9-10 years old...someone has had to have cared for the dog before?.....

19. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My dog used to cough and throw up some times early in the morning, only about once a day. Turned out he had a parasite. It was real easy to fix, and didnt really cost that much.

You have to take it to the vet and get her looked over. They'll probably run some tests.

If its heartworms, its probably a lot harder to get rid of. Your room mate should do something about it.

I dont think it is harmful to humans. Your kids should be fine.

20. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like heartworms to me. I had a dog that did the same thing and it turned out to be heartworms.