1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pet friendly hotels - - Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasStake, Apr 30, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

We usually stay at a La Quinta just because the price is always decent and they are pet friendly. Last summer we went to the beach with our dog and I was surprised to find out we weren't allowed to leave the dog in the hotel room in her cage. Is this the norm for all hotels?

I'm not a big fan of boarding my dog and taking the dog with me every where I go really hampers my possible trips/vacations.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

I don't know but I specifically ask for pet-free rooms when I travel because of allergies to some pets.

So from a personal standpoint I hope more hotels ban pets

3. Refman

Refman Member

I have never really perceive a benefit to traveling with my pets. Part of taking a vacation has been taking a break from having to let the dog out or clean the litter box.

That being said, for those who want to travel with their pets, there are few options already. I cannot imagine you would have a difficult time finding suitable pet free accommodations.

4. Kim

Kim Member

It depends on the area actually. Miami, LA, and NYC is very pet friendly...Houston, not so much. Some hotels have specific pet rooms and other hotels have deep cleaning fees so that the genetically less fortunate like BigTexxx don't die from allergies. Most hotels in general are not pet friendly btw. The trend is actually going from non-pet friendly to hotels with pet-friendly rooms. Vegas finally got on board like 4 years ago...before then you were stuck with either Four Seasons or Motel6...quite a dichotomy.

If you're willing to pay, and you're looking for a chain, Kimpton hotels, W hotels, and Four Seasons allow pets. Some B&Bs allow pets. Check Tripadvisor.com and they have a pet friendly search option for the destination.