1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pest Control Services

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

It looks like I am facing a battle against cockroaches. We have recently seen some in my house and they were HUGE! I placed boric acid in all the cracks and stuff I could find but I am interested in having a pest control company come and do their thing. What I am wondering is how do they work? I have heard that you have to sign a contract with them where they treat your house a certain period of time. Is this how they work, if not how? What are the rates like? Also should I go with a local company or a national one such as Orkin or Terminix? I'm asking in general because I don't live in the Houston area. Any help is appreciated.

2. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Terminix sucks - My contract with them is up and I am looking for a different company..

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

sweep yo house, foo.

4. Lil Pun

Mind giving me more information about your experience? What kind of rates were you getting and for what?

5. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I will have to check the rates. I think it was around $350 for 1 year contract.
    All they did is come out about once every 2 months and spray some stuff outside and 2 times per year they would spray inside...

Sometimes the tech would come and spray stuff so fast I didnt even have time to ask a question and we had to call them to come back often because of stupid ants and whatever they were doing to treat the problem wasnt working..

They helped catch a rat once :D

6. Lil Pun

So you payed about $60 a treatment? Geez, I thought they would at least come once a month.

7. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I have exterminated with this stuff called Demon that I have seen this feed store on Harrisburg St. The stuff works great! It cost $20 for 3-4 pouches that you mix with 1gal of water and spray. It kills other pest as well at it last about a year.