1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perry Jones = Face of Jordan Hill + Body of Tim Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 15, 2012.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

A black Eddie Griffin.

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Perry Jones is the hot girl, who could have been a model, but wanted to get into p*rn instead.

If you draft him, you're the guy who thinks it's a great idea to marry an aspiring p*rn star.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Perry Jones is a high reward player. At worst, he's a good role player. His athleticism is off the charts and his work ethic is solid. Get R Done, Morey.

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I attended Baylor for 3 years and got the opportunity to watch him play live as many times as I could, as well as getting to chance to talk to him about his game at a few house parties.

I firmly believe he is the victim of Scott Drew's roster/line-up. Far too many times he was thrown into the fire as being the "biggest" man on the floor, and asked to do things that were either contradictory to his most valuable assets, or areas of his game that he needed to work on.

Baylor was in the log-jam of not having many clearly defined big men, but being loaded with wing talent. Him, Quincy Miller, and Quincy Acy were often on the floor together, along with a dribble heavy scoring point guard in Pierre Jackson. He got the low block assignment a lot of the time, which neglets his most valuable skills. BUT, when his post fade is working--he becomes a nightmare. Baylor's heavy use of the zone also limited his rebounding and transition game, both of which could potentially be great.

That being said, I believe his is a natural point-forward. He is a very well-grounded young man, intelligent, and really wants to succeed and take care of his sick mother.

I also believe that the bright lights being taken off of him will do him some good (with the assumption he falls out of the top 10). The man has been way far too media-hyped, and the attack of his abilities and mentality have at times been brutal because he didn't turn out to be an instant LeBron James.

To sum it up: It has been frustrating watching him not putting up the numbers that his talent screams sometimes, but a lot of the notions of PJ III are derived from over-hype and mis-use. I believe that McHale could coach up his post game and add a final dimension to his game. Feed this kid the ball and give him some confidence and let his natural abilities shine. With his mother's medical bills taken care of with his paychecks, I firmly believe that he's worth the risk 100%.

1 person likes this.
  5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Si.com is reporting that the Lakers want to trade in the middle of the first round to draft him. They have been known to strike it rich picking high risk high reward type of guys. Kobe and Byum being examples. They see something in him and I think the Rockets should piggy back off that and pick him for themselves if he's still there.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carlos Rogers with two kidneys.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

He is soft as tissue paper. He has game but his softness makes him a prime candidate to be a bust.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Being a bust is dependent on where you get drafted. If he gets drafted in the 6-10 range then yeah big chance on him being a bust. But being drafted 16th or 14th the bust factor is much smaller because people wouldn't expect as much from a mid-first rounder.