1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perkins: Harden not answer phone calls from tilmanship, front office and coach for weeks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

The reactions to my post are bizarre. I wasn't judging Harden, I was simply trying to diffuse the ill will that's on this board. I'm simply reminding myself that if I were in the position of an NBA player, I would probably make the same dumb mistakes they do.

Also, in response to previous attempted insults... no, I'm not an insurance salesman.

Everyone has a fit when their favorite player says he wants to leave a team, expecting these young guys to be more mature than they actually are. Also, they probably haven't had to live a life where they had to compromise with anyone. They're accustomed to being king-of-the-hill and getting their way on everything. Someone like Harden, even more so.

In response to this specific post, I have no idea what the point is. Of course James Harden can say anything he wants and still have every team in the NBA drooling over the chance to sign him. I don't know what that has to do with this conversation. Also, some maturity and conflict resolution skills would probably save a lot of players from embarrassment, and make the league more competitive.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perk knows **** when it comes to Harden.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I suppose you also thought Chris Paul was going to be our Point Guard this season, after management said he wasn't going to be traded?

4. Downtown Sniper

LMAO.

Who exactly defends him on this Rockets team?

PJ? Ok PJ gets screened. What stops Harden at the ring? hahahaha.

Good one. Thanks man I needed that bellyaching laugh.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I never said you were an insurance salesman.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Excuse me! It was someone else... had several odd responses.

D-rock likes this.
  7. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Bye Felicia. Sorry azz loser anyway.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

shii... how will management defend harden with the ball? maybe a shake n bake, step back, one-legged 3 pointer all the way to the 76ers?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They didn't repair it with Morey.

D-rock likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

Perkins is lying as per sources of Ben DuBose and @justtxyank

D-rock likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't really trust anything Tilman says, so no.

I'm just going off of reports from Shams, who isn't the type of journalist that would sacrifice his reputation of accuracy for a few clicks.

The Tilman hate, cut off my hand to spite Tilman's face attitude is so ridiculous. If you, or anyone else, wants Harden to leave just so Tilman looks worse then just go root for the Nets. Freaking parasites on here...

12. STR8Thugg

OMG Look look look!!

Breaking News: 31 YR OLD STAR AND 32 YR OLD BRICKMASON DON'T WANT A TOTAL REBUILD!

Also Breaking: It hurts when I stub my toe.

13. STR8Thugg

What do you mean by this?

As in he's clueless, or "he knows ****"?

BigShasta likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seems like sports gods took a collective **** on Houston yesterday.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

What an awfully odd destination to arrive at from what I said.

16. STR8Thugg

I don't really trust anything Tilman says, so no.

I'm just going off of reports from Shams, who isn't the type of journalist that would sacrifice his reputation of accuracy for a few clicks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND ALSO, GIVEN A HUGE PERCENTAGE OF POSTS I'VE SEEN ON HERE:

The Tilman hate, cut off my hand to spite Tilman's face attitude is so ridiculous. If you, or anyone else, wants Harden to leave just so Tilman looks worse then just go root for the Nets. Freaking parasites on here...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't realize I had to break down my post into chapters.

17. Downtown Sniper

It's alright.

I can see how cut up and angry you are already.

I can't wait to see just how close to the incredible hulk you get when you see further decisions by Tilman for this team.

I've got my popcorn ready hombre.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden respected Morey, as did Russ. Once Morey is gone, they should have known that Harden and Russ would want to run the team.

It was a mistake to have ever given in to Harden's desire for Russ over DM's wishes. That got them into this mess and can't blame DM for quitting when your star player goes around you to the owner to get make an ill-advised trade for your buddy that ends up making you look not only incompetent in the end when it doesn't work out, but feel impotent as well.

Tilman should have not gotten involved. He should have said, "I trust Daryl Morey and you should too"

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Tillman trying to have leverage in trade scenarios. Smoke screen and mirrors!

20. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

this system of players becoming members of the FO needs to stop. It's what leads to LA consisting winning. The way to do this is to significantly increase the gap between the team a current team is able to give for the prime of a players career. Make the gap SO large that the GM won't have to worry about a player leaving.