1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Movie Scenes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Aug 1, 2013.

1. dmc89

dmc89 Member

No Country For Old Men

The Coin Toss. I watched this with an SO as she held my hand. Both our hands were sweating profusely. Death stood in front of this poor, old man. With a coin... :eek:

The Godfather

Home Office/Study. "Michael is it true?" "Don't ask me about my business..." *doors slowly close* Just mesmerizing.

Terminator 2. Cyberdyne HQ; blue filter galore, night, mini gun + grenade launcher, SWAT truck, motorcycle, helicopter, and a whole lot of cops and 2 killing machines. Hell yea.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

When I was in high school I thought my adult life would be some combination of that movie and White Men Can't Jump.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lobby scene in The Matrix FTW

Also...just to name a recent one...The last 20 or so minutes of Cabin in the Woods, when all hell breaks lose, is sublime.

4. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

The Player, opening scene. Amazing one-take tracking shot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0epB5Z6ijpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. liljojo

liljojo Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UYa6gbDcx18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u9S41Kplsbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The "throw the ball Joey!!" scene from Bad news bears. Best fork you in
    all of cinema.
    The Wall Street finale in Trading Places.

7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

The ending to Kill Bill Vol.1. The music is perfect. (spoiler)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zc6V9sBuf_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ol9CdCpSMac?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ol9CdCpSMac?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

NSFW
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/XH7CXtxOflI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/XH7CXtxOflI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/P8XYqtqcwVs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/P8XYqtqcwVs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Black swan lesbian scene.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

In addition to many of those already mentioned:
    Luke vs. Vader in Empire
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C-DeI3ohVbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    The full diner scene from Reservoir Dogs, but I can only find the tipping portion
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Eb5uCh-8rZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    The opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, again can't find the full version
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pr-8AP0To4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

can't believe this hasn't been posted...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EfbYp9oaIT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#71 Rashmon, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  12. dback816

dback816 Member

Forest Gump

When Tom Hanks was retelling about his running experience to Jenny

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

So many great ones here...a bunch that I would have posted for sure had they occurred to me earlier.

The diner scene in Heat and the "catch with Dad" from Field of Dreams come to mind now.

14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

The bank robbery/shootout scene is one of my favorite scenes of all-time.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What came to mind for me is the final scene in Big Night.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/oerP7FRMWa8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/oerP7FRMWa8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

"To Kill a Mockingbird"-- Atticus Finch leaves the courtoom. I have a couple of friends who claim that this scene inspired them to become lawyers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q7CX_5D6y6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another one that I love but can find no video for is the last few minutes of "A League of Their Own" when the now-grown women enter their wing of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Just love that movie anytime, anywhere.

"Tootsie"-- The Russian Tea room with Dorothy and her agent.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uOUWQBDbtso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Final scene from "The Alamo." Love this song, first heard as a 8 YO... always have loved choral music since.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pN8HRamHgYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh Captain, my Captain from "Dead Poet's Society"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vdXhWS7lLvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#77 giddyup, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  18. Buck Turgidson

Exactly what I first thought of. Then I thought Tarantino (diner scene in Reservoir Dogs or the tasty burger/flock of seagulls in Pulp Fiction) but he's been covered, thought Full Metal Jacket (there's about 19 different ones in that movie), there's always the Godfather when the door closes in her face, Platoon when they're getting baked with "Tracks of My Tears" playing, Capt. Quint's speech in Jaws, but I'll go out on a limb here, possibly the funniest opening to a movie ever:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0PKtGnyGuKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Hard to tell that I grew up two blocks away from the Garden Oaks Theatre.....

20. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lyuwBW9lNa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>