1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perfect Movie Scenes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1giVzxyoclE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap...YES!!

i saw that in the theaters with my then girlfriend/now wife. we went back to her apartment, turned on all the lights and watched the Cartoon Network after that movie :)

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nQvr-bbOow8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Storming Omaha Beach at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan.
    The tv station anchors fight scene in Anchorman.
    Han being encased in Carbonite.
    Opening scene of the Matrix.
    Every Rocky training montage.
    Mal's speech to his crew toward the end of Serenity.
    During Magnolia when every character's conflict comes to a head.
    Shawshank Redemption when the warden discovers Dufresne is missing and the end when Red gets out of prison.

5. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UmtuRRhtGQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. dragician

dragician Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_ek1SKSUVRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

DUDE, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS UNDER MY ORIGINAL 2 VIDS (see above), but for some reason the video wouldn't load and I didn't want to embed what i couldn't see.

YES!! possibly one of the greatest scenes ever from a difficulty standpoint. the camera follows them around for like 20+ minutes. REPPED.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Perfect movie scene.

9. JunkyardDwg

Made me think of this from Notting Hill. One continuous shot covering every season. Pretty awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nQBCZpLLxnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

the movie is ok, but this scene is awesome if you're got a nice surround sound system.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2B8u_XzbSuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4OAFtr-ciQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. 713

713 Member

is this from Fast Times?

13. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I couldn't find the entire Hawaii scene in Punch Drunk Love, but this will do.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IINNTHnbOwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

I see your vid and raise you.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/56886652" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I mean... come on.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_jc63OCK_Oo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Final 2 minutes from "A River Runs Through It"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NJF70sHMFN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Newsroom:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ML3qYHWRIZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funeral scene from "Four Weddings and a Funeral"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gE9E07EznXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Field of Dreams" and a catch with Dad.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b_wnD6jxREU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#36 giddyup, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Gayyy

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Pearl Harbor, the whole thing is about 8 minutes... but it's a series of scenes to make up "The Attack": the time when the Japanese bombers are flying LOW over the Hawaiian province... and the kids stop playing... everyone is wondering WTH about the attacks... bombers coming in over all the mountains, from the clouds...

The best cinematography is when the camera's movement is going BACKWARD, and the windward islands are seen through the clouds and the bombers are going FORWARD. I turn that surround sound on as loud as I can in the house, and the subwoofer trembles... the first bomb drops... and it's )#@(*#@% on... sends chills through my spine... SAYONARA. :(
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1e6h9h7ky0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Long Shots, especially since it takes almost the entire movie crew, extras, timing, etc.:
    The Karate Kid, the long TOURNAMENT shot: ... Starts with Ali holding the black belt... then we see Daniel enter the doors and meet Miyagi and Ali, they talk to the guy, and then they walk through the different areas where the other kids are fighting to get to where they're supposed to be... the sound, camera movement, the Cobra Kai's coming through and pushing people, and everyone's cooperation was amazing. I have read they took 30 or so times to make it.
    http://youtu.be/gKdfMKaYhBo?t=1m45s <- starts right at the scene (warning: bad music)

GoodFellas: entering the night club... I bet you Scorcese was a B!TCH for this one... :grin: beautiful long scene.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OJEEVtqXdK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

For me its probably the train station scene in the Untouchables

Big fan of camera work too. One of the best is the steady-cam opening scene of Boogie Nights.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fpV4dDBkSDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For pure emotional impact I got to go with the final scene in About Schmidt, but it's not for everyone.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qfcjyXmSqOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  20. JunkyardDwg

I'm sorry but that movie is such a POS as a whole that it renders anything remotely positive about it null and void.