1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perfect Coach For THESE Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dero72, Apr 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

2. superpro

superpro Member

Our coach is fine. Yet people need to realize what Houston has been missing in the last decade is a decent point guard. We have not fixed that issue for over a decade!

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I don't know why you think Chuck is the right coach, but he didn't do well outside of the Detroit. Even with the Pistons, he did miserable after his team was defeated by the Bulls.

To get good result, a coach has to get along with the star player(s) on the team, have him/them buy into his philosophy. The Rockets is an easy team to coach since Yao doesn't have a strong personality, he'll do whatever the coach asks. So, without TMac, any NBA coach should do well with the Rockets; but with TMac, it's a different story, especially at this stage of his career. I'd think a coach with a set of offensive plays should do better, e.g., Adelman, Jackson with their systems. Most other coaches run plays to cause mismatch, then use ISO to attack the mismatch. RA & PJ runs plays to create MORE open/easy shots than creating mismatch.

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Avery Johnson

but if Yao doesn't play great whats the point? Dirk 2.0

5. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

if Van Gundy were still coaching our roster would be full of gritty defensive minded players like Samuel Dalembert who would contribute nothing but defense.

the guy is in love with gritty defensive players but seems to dislike offensive players.

thank god we dont have van gundy!

6. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Rick is the only one who's coached us out of round one, so the answer to this thread is quite obvious

7. gamor

gamor Member

Popovich got my vote

8. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy-the greatest of all time

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

Damn, I was about to say Charles.

10. dijk

dijk Member

Please do not repeat OBVIOUS FACTS :D

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

RA as head coach and JVG as assistant. You know how great that could be with having a good offensive coach along with JVG balls and defense skills. I really hate looking at Rick do nothing when the Rockets mess up. I miss JVG getting pissed and yelling. :( :( Bring back the yelling or give RA crack cocaine so he could at least be up yelling random things. :D

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

First of all, I think there's no perfect coach. :D

I had a big problem with Morey hiring Adelman because I was afraid of the defense that defined the Rockets team would slide badly. Gadly, this didn't happen. Again, gladly I saw the improving offense, not great, but definately improving.

I think the only thing that I'd like Adelman to do more is to rope some of the wild horses when they showed no discipline on the court.

I'm OK with Adelman.

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Rhea Perlman DeVito

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Rick Adelman

/Thread

DD

15. mi0304

mi0304 Member