1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perfect Coach For THESE Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dero72, Apr 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

No like? This is my second choice

[​IMG]
    Guarantee championship with that guy.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well let me say Lowry can be that guy but he's been here half a season.

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

At one time, I thought Adelman would be a great coach for this team. For now, he's still a pretty decent coach despite all the criticisms.

...But the best coach would be RUDY T!!!... I'm surprised no one said him yet

4. lalala902102001

You are banned sir.

5. SeeingRocketRed

Occasionally I see little strokes of brilliance in our play, especially early in games, and I think, "Ok, this Adelman might know a thing or two about basketball." And then I see him repeatedly hit his head on the same damn brick wall and expect that brick wall to give way.

Brooks is not clutch, even if his scoring is. He simply doesn't have the awareness of the court to make the proper passes at the proper times.

Artest is rarely clutch, and his presence usually means the offense becomes as stagant and stale as the water of the Houston Ship Channel.

Wafer can disguise this somewhat, but Artest and Brooks are simply black holes on offense. Yao will never get the ball in clutch time when this duo (or even one of them) are in the game.

Adelman, win, and we'll love you. Play Yao, Scola, Battier, Wafer, and Lowry in the final 8 minutes of the game, and we'll win. Do you want love? Do you want wins? Well then, it's time to make the change. You see it. You played Lowry and Brooks together in game 4, getting away from the Brooks ball-vacuum. But you've got to commit. You've got to be the coach. You have to make the right decisions. Remember, Yao, Scola, Battier, Wafer, and Lowry need to be on the court. And get the ball to Yao unless the defense forbades that, not because we as a team simply forget or don't notice he's open down low.

6. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

bobby knight... time to throw that chair onto the court

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

He probably would moon the team during Portland's 15-2 run. :(

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i dont know how anyone can say rudy t. the guy is responsible for the dark rocket days of basketball: steve francis dribbling 30 seconds at a time.

the worst part? he didnt do anything to stop it. he basically created steve francis b/c he let him do whatever he wanted.

9. choujie

choujie Member

If this team reaches 2nd round, RA has done his job.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Is it as bannable as making a thread asking for a better coach when this current one is overachieving and has a great chance to win the first round series which the Rockets haven't done in 12 years?

11. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

12. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

i think charles will probably sit Yao in the bench for an entire year.
    he hates Yao for some reason.

13. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I'm no Barkley fan but I don't think this is true anymore. All he ever says about the Rockets this year is they need to get the ball to Yao more. And just the other day on the TNT postgame show, he went on and on about how much he loved Yao and how the Rockets don't get him enough shots.

14. ibm

ibm Member

the old pat riley.

i am serious.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Reggie Theus.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/meD8-BGc6oY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/meD8-BGc6oY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He coached the Deering Tornados for four seasons.

16. Swack

Swack Member

T-Mac, because every play he calls will be "13 points in 35 seconds" and we will score over 200+ a game.

17. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Maybe not the best overall coach, but maybe Kevin McHale. He likes to pound the rock inside and managed to get pretty good effort out of the T-Wolves at the end of the season even post-Jefferson injury. However, Adelman is just flat out a better coach than almost anyone in the league even if he doesn't exactly fit the roster.

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Jack Bauer.
    Michael Corleone.

and my #1 choice

John Winger from Stripes.

Razzle. Dazzle.

19. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I hope that's not what everyone is settling for.

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Anyone who can solve the problem the fronting problem. Basically any coach you can use our Chinese center, because in this playoff series, Adelman has done a turrible job. just turrible...
    If it wasn't for our great role players who are basically doing the work for our future 21MIL center, we would have been swEEEEPT!

This makes me think this team is not close to contend... No closer, no guy who puts 25 each night!