1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We don't know what's written in the email. Nowadays everything can be twisted in its meaning.
    I mean what's the deal to just simply lay back and wait how he performs. Now that's important.

2. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

The way we're playing right now, can you blame him for wanting to get in and get a piece of that action? ;)

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This is from Adrian Woj's twitter page...

WojYahooNBA Clearly, Houston front office and T-Mac are on different pages about his readiness to return to lineup

This means to me that someone, either in the front office or TMAC, is not telling the truth because sure seems like Adrian posted something he thought was pretty legit. :rolleyes:

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

adrian said "rocket sources" and it wasn't just adrian, that spears guy too. i'm sure they had sources and not just from tmac before posting that article.

like i said, maybe the team and tmac did have an 11/18 date in mind. the team wanted to be 100% sure, tmac probably got over-excited and had to open his big mouth.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We know Tmac. He's still an attention w****. But it has been better than before. He kept quiet for a couple of months. No skillzlab no nothing.
    Now this is the first thing and we should not jump at it. Dun know if its in the intention of his

6. logicx

logicx Member

That's exactly what I was thinking...I think...yes, it was. I was thinking, hmm, maybe he hears trade rumors, maybe he wants to get on the court so fans like him again, thus making it harder for them to trade him? Crazy? Maybe...

7. t_mac1

he has ONE YEAR left in his contract. why does it matter if he gets traded or not?

8. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, it sounds like Yahoo emailed McGrady to confirm what their sources were telling them, and McGrady simply - and probably innocuously - wrote back. Yes, he should've learned his lesson from last time and not have specified a return date without talking it over with Morey, but it doesn't sound like he was trying to make a "big comeback" announcement with this email or show up the management.

If anything, the Yahoo reporters come off to me as trying to get the scoop and stir up something.

9. t_mac1

despite not playing for a year, tmac is still a big-time player "name-wise" in this league. whatever he does will be magnified nationally. he should have learned this and just keep quiet like he had been doing.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Snappity-snap!

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I want to agree with you but the way the Rox, IMO, are responding to this makes me thinks TMAC was on his own. Adrian Woj is very realiable and he was the one who broke the Yao "out for the year" news so he is legit in my book.

Saying that your scenrio makes sense to me and the Rox should be giving someone the pink slip pretty soon.

12. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well ... I for one would like to at least hear from Tracy's OWN mouth when he thinks he is going to return.

That's pretty much the only thing that's missing from all this.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can not imagine T_mac would be so stupid as to say he is returning on the 18th and contradict Morey.

There's something going on here where obviously T-mac didn't say anything about the 18th but just said he's looking forward to getting back.

Maybe he said "He" hopes to be back that soon, not that it actually will happen. Maybe that's his training time-table that he's ready to go.

I just don't see why he would rush back.

14. t_mac1

adrian is a pretty reliable source. he broke the yao's story even before our own chronicle (and even morey couldn't comment on that).

tmac must have relayed that date to him in the email specifically (how in the world can a reporter know which date tracy wants to return?). and like i said, tracy and the team probably agreed on that date. but tracy broke team rules by announcing it himself and now that team is pissed at him.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

One guy saying "I hope I can get back to playing" has turned into said player backstabing the organization. This forum amazes me sometimes.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like it's not just T-mac sourcing the story but others within the organization sourced it first.

That would mean the organization and t-mac are on the same page. It could be a matter of something like this:

1. Rockets source leaks rumor to Yahoo that t-mac returning 11/18 (which is true).
    2. Yahoo! Sports asks t-mac to confirm reports from Rockets he is returning 11/18. T-mac simply "confirms" what he has already agreed to.

It could be that T-mac assumed it was discussed by Morey...might not be his fault, it might be.

Could be that Morey was trying to surprise everyone.

As for me personally - I would rather T-mac take it slow in coming back. I don't want a repeat of last year and I think it's in his best interest to be overly cautious.

17. t_mac1

you're most likely right, but once again, tracy is the easy target to criticize. i think he simply answered what adrian asked him. if he wanted to announce it publicly, he could have gone on national TV like last year and proclaimed it.

tracy will talk about this tomorrow.

18. PeppermintCandy

But I don't think the Rockets even responded to McGrady's email. According to Yahoo, Morey released a statement on Monday about McGrady's status, nothing more.

The way it's worded, it may seem like Morey's responding to McGrady's comments, but the article doesn't outright say it. Jonathan Feigen of the Chron even wrote that Morey's statement came BEFORE McGrady's email.

I'd say McGrady's talking (and emailing) without thinking everything through, something he's done many times over as a Rocket. And I can imagine some private grumblings from Rockets officials about McGrady's lack of discretion, probably overheard by Feigen. But nothing much more beyond that IMO.

19. PeppermintCandy

The article says league sources, not Rocket sources. Who knows who McGrady's been talking to.

20. logicx

logicx Member

May matter if they plan on trading him to a subpar team like the Kings...that could be humiliating...demoralizing...whatever...why am I arguing this? I said I wasn't sure...I'm just guessing here. Doesn't really matter. We'll all find out in a few weeks how this thing goes down.