1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People Still Follow This Team?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Matt_Maloney, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

Seriously?
    Are you dumb?
    You should find another sport.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

You should appreciate the young guys and watching them develop and get better in front of your eyes.

Jason Castro, Jose Altuve, Brett Wallace, Lucas Harrell, Dallas Keuchel

In my lifetime i've seen the 86 Astros, followed by the 5 bad years, followed by Biggio/Bagwell era, followed by 4 bad years. They'll be great again and bad again many times over.

Id be upset if we didnt have a front office who knew what they were doing.

3. msn

msn Member

Was born an Astros fan and I'll die an Astros fan. They're my team when they rock and they're my team when they suck. You don't have to be the same way, but if you're gonna troll us for it you can kiss my orange and blue ass on your way out.

3 people like this.
  4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's about as nice as this ******* deserved.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Go jump on the Rangers bandwagon or something

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Better yet, go try to catch a foul ball at a Rangers game.

1 person likes this.
  7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd prefer if he tried to catch a homerun at a Rangers game.

8. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'd prefer if he tried to catch a toss from Josh Hamilton at a Rangers game.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I hope we aren't wishing the poster death, just an incredibly painful fall.

We follow the team because they are our team. There for the good and there for the bad. We understand the team is trying a full blown rebuild, and we understand that the process will take several seasons, but we trust that we will be back.

1 person likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Way nicer than I would be...

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

2 people like this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I want to say things.

1 person likes this.
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

People still watch baseball?

1 person likes this.
  14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You sound like a textbook wagon hopper.

1 person likes this.
  15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I want to say more things.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Even when the Astros are struggling in an EPIC way... I still find them more enjoyable to watch than a struggling Rockets or Texans team.

Maybe its the joy of knowing that there are potential young prospects within the system that show promise. Maybe its the game itself, where any given day a horrible team can beat an elite team (unlike the other two sports).

Regardless, I'd much rather watch a bad team that's accumulating young draft picks/assets with the attempt to grow something... rather than watch a team that is done nothing but spin its wheels in mediocrity the last 4 years.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

2:52 am ...

I'm sure that was a drunk post but that's never an excuse to be an a-hole

18. SupermoochieFro

Idiot.

19. nef2005

nef2005 Member

This is actually the first year I've really tried to get into baseball and learn the nuances of the game.

Sure, they might be pretty bad this year, but at least I'll get to watch them grow and develop. A playoff win wouldn't taste as sweet without going through all of the ups and downs of your team.

When it comes time for this team to be a contender again, I'm sure you'll come running back, talking about how this has always been your team. Until then, go play in traffic.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

First of all, Rockets have only really been "spinning their wheels" in mediocrity two seasons. You can argue three years if you think they should have given up on Yao early (and understandable thought, but pretty unreasonable...no team was going to be trading away an international superstar like Yao for peanuts). Besides the Astros will be a bottom feeder team for a much longer time than three or four years (it's already been two), so I hope your patience improves.

Also, the main catalyst for the Rockets' downfall was injuries to star players, not self-inflicted front office stupidity (i.e, the Astros).

Meanwhile the Rockets front office has obviously been extremely active trying to make improvements where they can, and have taken special care in making sure not to make any moves that hamstring the future (i.e, there has been no Carlos Lee like deals).

I think saying they've been "spinning their wheels" is a flat out fabrication. As mentioned, they've remained extremely flexible throughout the whole process. So flexible that the Rockets haven't even begun their first official rebuilding season yet and they already have a brighter future than the Astros.

It's just laughable to me that anyone can claim the Astros somehow come out ahead of the Rockets in the area of team management. The only thing I can surmise is you just have more loyalty/bias/interest in the Astros and/or baseball than the Rockets and/or basketball.

Enjoying watching the Astros for the next few years though. You'll be one of the few