1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People seriously, this is a GREAT deal!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Feb 18, 2010.

1. koopa

koopa Member

2. dreamshake27

dreamshake27 Rookie

Stupid ass thread!

3. noairer

noairer Member

I dont see much toughness and explosion in the frontline, that could be a big hole

4. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I agree.this deal was good,we didn't just get any player,well,as long as kmart stays healthy

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yes. No one wanted to rent Scola for 1 year when they could wait for free agency, same for Lowry (unless we gave up a 1st pick). Buddinger was the other deal breaker for Washington. Morey will never trade Brooks.

I believed Landry was the best money-ball player ever. Why would he ever trade him. I realize now that he only had 2 years left on his contract. We can re-sign him soon at fair market. The Rockets need a scorer more than anything.

6. anchel

anchel Member

I bet for Andersen as future backup PF. Ive always seen him like an NBA PF. Not a center. Could be a great weapon next to Yao. But, still, we need a REAL backup center.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Does the word defense mean anything to you? There is virtually none in that lineup.

That said, I am happy with getting Martin and 3 expiring contracts for McGreedy, Landry (who will be missed) and Dorsey (yawn).

For some reason, I've got a feeling those a package including some of those expiring deals might be traded today for someone like Tyrus Thomas.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Problems:
    1. Backup-C (Andersen)
    2. Lack of Scoring in PF (HAYES!?!?! and Scola isn't THAT dependable)
    3. Inefficient scoring in SF (ARIZA!? BATTIER!!?)
    4. All-around D (Kevin is reportedly not a good Defensive player. Andersen fouls all the time while trying to guard the post. The defensive powerhouses on our team can't score, and if they do score, it's because they caught fire.)

Trust me, there's PLENTY of work to do still to make this a real playoff team. Yao, Brooks, and Martin vs. the other Big3's in the league, we're not even on the map.

9. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Wasn't Tmac + Landry <-> Iggy + Dalembert possible?
    I prefer this one.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Disagree, we are on the map and have better role players. Trading deadline hasn't hit yet either ;)

11. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

Another "good deal" thread, how about you just use reply button instead of new thread button. LOL

12. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

This video has so many back-door cuts!

That is very encouraging.

Can't wait for him to get into the groove with us. He's only played in 1 playoff series, starting only once in 6 games, but his scoring average was high!

'10 playoffs, here come the Rockets

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

One thing Kevin do well is flop when he is attacking the basket.

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Then with Battier and Lowry here, he can learn to do this well enough on the other end. ;) And that's gonna be added to his defensive skill. Cool tho another charge drawer in the making.

15. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

I'm still constantly refreshing this page because I don't think we are finished. More will happen that is not being reported now.

16. dartherus

dartherus Member

Totally agree, and it was a very possible trade also, cause the Sixers will not get e better return for those 2, and Houston would get 2 players instead of one (Kmart plus scrub)....

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Yao / Hayes
    Scola / Andersen / Armstrong
    Ariza / Battier
    Martin / Buddinger / Taylor
    Brooks / Lowry/ Rodriguez

Hayes is the perfect backup center for Yao. Andersen and Scola will score more than enough at the PF position. Understand they Yao effect. Anyone that can knock down a jumper will be Nash'd by Yao. Yao, Battier, Ariza, Lowry, and Hayes can lock down any position if need be.

This team looks looks great to me.
    Yao - great post scorer
    Martin - efficient perimeter scorer
    Brooks - quck, consistent PG
    Ariza - defensive wing that can knock down the three
    Scola - ready to knock down any jumper when Yao gets doubled
    Buddinger - three point shooter off the bench
    Lowry - *re-sign him*
    Battier - veteran leadership, is ready to take on any role
    Hayes - defensive post presence that can run the break off the bench
    Andersen - look at Scola
    Taylor - 3rd string
    Armstrong - 3rd string
    Sergio - 3rd string

18. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just finished watching the Kevin Martin highlight video on the first page...WOW! This guy has serious skills with finishing at the basket with BOTH hands. The more I think about this, the more excited I'm getting. WOW...just WOW!!!

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They are highlights for a reason.

If you watched a Bynum highlight video you would think he is the best center ever to play the NBA.

We only see his strengths, but not his weaknesses.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I forgot about the injury-prone part. But let's assume the best of all worlds for clarity.

Hayes
    Hayes is not an offensive player. He averages a point a game. He is a poor-man's poor-man if you knock out some of the clutch plays that he's done before. He can't shoot and the only way he contributes to offense is his crazy passing, which amounts to turn-overs. I remember when the Lakers figured out a way to get past the Rockets: make Chuck cry.

Andersen
    He sucks. Watch the games. He turns the ball over in the post. He can't defend the post. He can't play the post, PERIOD. He shoots jumpers, but he's immobile due to his height. Makes him useless. Oh, and he can't rebound on either sides of the court. He can't block. He's got nothing on both ends of the floor.

Ariza
    He will probably play like 30 minute games. And he's really inefficient at scoring. He doesn't create his own shots. He just ball-hogs until he loses the ball somehow or jacks it up hoping for something to go in. Yet, he's crying out for the ball all the time.

Martin
    His D is subpar. And he plays SG, the position of great responsibility in D. He'll have to guard some of the best players in the league, and he's not fit to do it.

Our overall defense sucks, and we're lacking only Yao Ming, and just lost Landry. There's no reason to argue on this one.

Our blocks/game diff is the lowest in the league. THE LOWEST.

We're ranked 20th in the league (out of 30) for Steals/Game differences. We think Ariza is doing a good job on this. That's just sad.

We're ranked 17th in the league for boards/game. And a lot of people are pretty ecstatic about that. Really, we're high-fiving each other like bunch of jerk-offs for Kyle Lowry having the highest RPG at the GUARD POSITION. He's frigg'n 6'1".

Yeah, Yao comes back and we've got a few things sorted out on D, but it still looks bad. We lost Mutumbo, for those of you who can't remember, who held the title for the 2nd most blocked shots in the league, and constantly grabbed boards for us in the playoffs. No more Mutumbo. Hayes can't rebound worth jack, and we're just excited about little guards grabbing these boards. Forget about Andersen grabbing anything more than 5-6 boards when he plays 30 minutes. That's just ugly.

Yao's bound to get injured unless he plays just under 30 minutes/game. Oh yeah, I forgot we're assuming good things about that.