1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. idshiy

idshiy Member

yeah I got your point, I do think you may have more freedom than us. but you can not go on street and say I wanna kill Trump rite? would that bring you trouble?

D-rock likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I lived in China and went as recent as two years ago and no, it isn't anywhere remotely as good as Western Europe, USA, Japan from a quality of life stand point. I am glad that you are happy living in China though. It is an interesting place to visit, but as someone that grew up with freedoms it is very oppressive in my opinion.

Fansince80 and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Can we get back to basketball?

D-rock, DreamQuake and dawesome like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

No. Running in the street and saying "I want to kill Trump" won't get you in trouble. In fact it is very common for people to be very critical of the President and other politicians and even common for people to say they strongly disagree with things the USA is doing. If enough people get upset, changes are made and the government makes changes.

If someone sends a death threat to the President, the Secret Service will interview the person but unless they have actually made plans, they are not arrested.

5. idshiy

idshiy Member

I bat you r Chinese man! you know china well or you r from Hong Kong?

D-rock likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

so leave this forum, the Rockets have been dissapeared so maybe everyone who wants Morey fired should do the same.

7. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

8. kanariya

kanariya Member

Hey at least the USA justice system did something? China has no justice system. HK police headshot the Indonesian Press and left her permanent damage in the eye yet no police were held accountable. Where is the justice?

Nook likes this.
  9. kanariya

kanariya Member

If anyone want Morey fired, they are not real fan.

bacliff likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is true, you do not have gun violence and incidents that is a plus. But there are some crazies in Beijing with meat cleavers.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I never thought China was a stinking ****-hole of a place to be. I'm not sure why you think Americans think that?

Certainly there are some dumb Americans, too, lol.

On the whole, I prefer data and facts. The data says you've got a long way to go. And that while it is ok that your government system is different (frankly, I don't like the form of democracy that is America today - corporate controlled), it's not ok to be so behind from a human rights perspective, imo.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/china-and-tibet
    https://www.amnestyusa.org/countries/china/
    https://www.nytimes.com/topic/destination/freedom-and-human-rights-in-china
    https://nationalinterest.org/feature/china-must-pay-its-brutal-human-rights-record-61072

This is not to say I don't take your account to be 100% sincere.

12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Tell us all the things that are terrible about the Chinese government first. Then your fawning over certain aspects might actually mean something.

Watch this: Trump is the worst president in US history. He looks like a fat Winnie-the-Pooh. At the same time, the US is a better system than China.

Ok now you try.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Average standard of living is way lower than Eu, US, Japan. But much higher than it was 50 years ago, 20 years ago etc. And much freer too - the parents of this generation was literally sent to forced labor camps during the cultural revolution. All relative.

D-rock likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some dun value their lives, they watched Braveheart and want to be heroes, martyrs. Instead joining their wives and enjoy their time.

Many of the HKers are skipping classes and university courses to protest.

Also HKers who sang the national anthem and waved the Chinese flags were attacked.

Sons of anarchy.

#94 daywalker02, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol at americans thinking they're not living in comunism as well
    most americans have no clue what is the true capitalism
    lol at americans thinking theyre not brainwashed as well

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Important message for all mainlanders still seeking the firing of Daryl Morey:

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. kanariya

kanariya Member

This is the the example of the people can't value freedom because they never had one. You're being heavily suppressed and brainwashed by the state news agency. HK is like the slow boiled frog. Their freedom is slowly being taken away and the extradition bill was the tipping point. Once the bill is passed, it's easy for them to eliminate any anti-CCP activists in HK. Send them to China and they are done for life. People in HK don't want that. HK was promised universal suffrage under the Basic Law but never happened. The current gov officials were all pre-screened and appointed by CCP.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-prompts-calls-for-investigation-into-torture

I STAND WITH MOREY. Fake China fans **** off.

Fansince80 likes this.
  18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think the fan you're quoting is doing his very best to be respectful here. I don't understand why people here are attacking him. We can stand with Daryl without attacking the Chinese. And, frankly, while I do stand with Daryl; I do not understand Chinese politics well enough to really understand why this topic is so touchy to them. Joe Tsai's letter helped but I'm still far from in touch with the intricacies of this situation.

AirPower, lakersuck2, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  19. idshiy

idshiy Member

the whole country were really poor when I was little, I cannot believe that I can have the life I'm living now. as Chinese I don't really care about politics, I see that as different system of people control people. you may have more freedom but you are still being control in a level. its great that you have that much more freedom in US, but you still need to face many issue that your gov cannot fix. you still don't agree many things your gov did but they still can do it(like start a war or build fence) I think your system is very smart, they make you feel respected, then make decision which can benefit few rich ppl.

dlite316 and D-rock like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Eat **** then.

bacliff and D-rock like this.