1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People in Mainland China ... We good now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sheb, Oct 7, 2019.

1. idshiy

idshiy Member

don't say we, you don't repersent clutch fans. you are someone try hard to spread fake news even after it has been proven fake, you still try hard to spread it.

2. smp

smp Member

This is so true for many people. US citizens too. Governments are about one thing and one thing only- controlling people. How much control you are willing to sacrifice for protection is the balancing act. Letting China tell a guy in the US what he can and can’t tweet is waaaaaay more control than I’m comfortable with. Anyone agreeing to that **** ate the whole damn bottle of blue pills at once.

AirPower likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey was the mosquito, CN government made it an elephant, it is time to shrink it to an insect again.

4. smp

smp Member

Exactly. The funny thing is that he wasn't even trying to be an elephant. He believes in freedom and expressed his thought. He had no idea this was going to explode like it has.

CN government just needs to stick to censoring its own citizens. People in America don't like to be told to "shut up or else". That catches our attention and we come out in droves. I don't think the CN government fully understood that.

The thing is we have short attention spans in the US. This will all blow over in a couple of weeks and it will be back to business as usual if the Chinese government just lets it die. I'm not sure about the rest of the world though. Other countries may hold a grudge over this. I doubt it though.

Jontro, AirPower and daywalker02 like this.
  5. AirPower

AirPower Member

Agreed.... If DM gets let go because of this nonsense then that will be the last Rockets game I ever watch and I will certainly tell anyone willing to listen why they should not watch the Rockets. I simply cannot fathom how anyone thinks it's remotely acceptable to terminate DM because China is mad about his tweet.

If it weren't for the messed up situation over there in the first place, the tweet wouldn't have existed.... so they need to worry about cleaning up their own back yard and not project it on us like we somehow created it or made it worse.... that's on them.

Jontro likes this.
  6. AirPower

AirPower Member

It's far from hate, we feel bad for the Chinese people and don't really care of the government all that much (but at the same time, most people here don't care for our own government either so speaking out AGAINST government is just a way of life here).

There are tons of articles about China's facial recognition system, along with other articles talking about it being required to use the internet.

Maybe the second part of that isn't true, but the social credit system and facial recognition system is 100% true.

Fansince80 likes this.
  7. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

. Do you believe your own garbage?

8. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Please, stop trying to hide self evident things. I feel sorry for you that you have to live in that environment.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He is the one.