1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peja Novakic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ooliverb1, May 23, 2007.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Novak will have a good look at by RA and hopefully Novak bulks up during the Summer and gets ready to prove that he can be a contributor to the team.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Do you really think he needs to bulk up?

I am not sure slowing him down and adding that much weight is a good idea for someone like him.

Maybe just work on quickness and let his body fill out naturally.

I don't think he will ever be a banger, and would want him as quick as possible.

Just my .02.

DD

3. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

fact is no one knows. i recall wade being called a poor man's steve francis on this board. i'm not sure why some posters get so riled up about predictions that Novak may become a solid NBA player. Isnt that what every fan wants? Maybe its a knock on JVG, maybe not. I dont care, he's gone.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

remember when I asked JVG a year ago if he wanted to go get Spanoulis out of Greece and he told us if Span was really a cross between Tony Parker and Kobe Bryant he would "walk to Greece". Freaking JVG hillarious :)

5. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Personally, I think all the people who think JVG "Destroyed" Spanoulis and Novak, and that Adelman is going to somehow turn them into all-stars are smoking crack.

But I hope you're right.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

If adelman turns Novak into a Peja type player, I'll eat my hat.

I hope he does it because I love the teaste of my hat

especially with a doughnut

mmmmm...doughnuts

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Post number 8 in this thread by me

Post number 14 in this thread by me

Your first post in this thread, post number 21

I think you are projecting why you post, onto me. You are consistently wrong, and rude, typical.

DD

8. Fuse

Fuse Member

I just hope they become effective role players... that's all.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

How could you tell? All JVG asked him to do on offense was park his but at the arc and shoot.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he had the ball on the outside defense swallowed him up...he had a hard time passing out of pressure and feeding the post. Worst of all he looked tenative to shoot at times, which is odd b/c thats what he is out there for.

defensively he was incompetent at best. He was just outmatched and i particularly remember one game where he got scored on a couple times and yao picked up a foul or 2 b/c novak wasnt able pick his man up.

He needs a lot of work but another year should do him well.

11. crash5179

Your an idiot.

I've been reading your post's for a long time now and keep thinking you'll grow up.

The only thing dumber than any of your posts is the fact that I've continued to read your crap for as long as I have. Well at least I can remedy the part where I will not actually read your posts any more...your blocked. I only wish DD would block your troll ass to so I don't have to read your mindless, pointless crap in any of his replies.

See ya Troll, or not.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

To which it took you about 5 minutes with your typical flaming feces bag of r****ded "olive branches" with good old Post Number 22

I have said this before and I will say it again: If you are mad about people thinking you are an idiot - do us all a favor and shut the f- up like you promised in your Olive Branch implosion thread.

Hey DaDakota found a friend! Help him wield the Olive Branch, Crash!

#72 SamFisher, May 24, 2007
    Last edited: May 24, 2007
  13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

hahah, i haven't heard that in a while.

14. crash5179

I'll wait to hold off my judgment of him until I actually see him in an offense that is designed to succede, not that crap that JVG has rolled out his entire career as a coach.

15. crash5179

You must be refering to the Boki experiment where he was refered to as next years number one when he was already on the team but not playing under Rudy T.

16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

yeah. pick and roll basketball and feeding the low post...what horrible offensive plays. They may not be flashy but they are fundamental and still 2 plays that are undefencble when run correctly.

you can hold off judgement about the future, thats fine. But last year he stunk and was overwhelmed.

17. crash5179

Well, explain to me why his offenses are always ranked at the bottom of the league in both efficiency and ppg?

JVG teams ALWAYS suck on the offensive end. With two different teams and a ton of different players, his offense always looks pathetic.

So is it the coach or has it always been the players fault?

18. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

they have also had poor shooting %s...and thats number that dictates the other numbers you mentioned. Typically i tend to be on the side that says if you are open and you miss a shot, the coach doesnt burden that blame

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That depends on where you are when you are open.

If you are open underneath for a layup, or open on the 3pt line.

One is an easy shot the other not so much.

DD

20. crash5179

Don't you think its odd that it always happens to a JVG coached team? Regardless who his players are or what team he coaches? Hmmm.