1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pearl Jam rocks SNL tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Lindsay Lohan is the host, let's see if she's put some pounds back on, more importanly though, PJ comes back to SNL after many years. Hopefully they get to play 3 songs because I think it would be ok to skip showing the same commercial parodies again and again (I know, they use them to fill time between set and costume changes, still why not do other stuff like when Lorne and Tracy Morgan used to do little bits).

Pearl Jam to rock 'SNL'
    The Associated Press
    Pearl Jam will be the musical guests when Lindsay Lohan hosts NBC's ''Saturday Night Live'' on April 15.

It will be Lohan's third hosting stint -- and a rare TV appearance for Pearl Jam. The Seattle rock band, which earned fame and critical acclaim during the Northwest's early 1990s grunge movement, will perform songs from its new self-titled album, slated for release May 2.

Pearl Jam will tour this summer, including concerts at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco on July 16 and July 18.
    http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/entertainment/14302434.htm

What do people here think of the new single, haven't really heard much talk about Pearl Jam here except when Creed comes up. I was dissappointed with the last album, it needed more songs like "save you" and less "i am mine".

Here's a good article about the new album and tour: http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...41114Z_01_N14177580_RTRUKOC_0_US-PEARLJAM.xml

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Member

I got my hands on a leaked copy of the new album. It is definitely more rocking than their last 2 albums. Eddie Vedder sounds reinvigorated. Keep an ear out for "Unemployable". It definitely has radio appeal.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

i cant wait for pear jam

and hopefully its lindsey lohans coming back out party

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So far it looks like shes got her boozers back. Boozers=boobies. You can even call em "google boys". Watch, it will catch on...

5. Faos

Faos Member

Has Vedder always played guitar?

6. Kam

Kam Member

lohan actually looked good tonight.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Pearl Jam sounded great ~ best song from them in a loooong time.

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

I don't know about always, but he has for a while. I remember seeing a rerun on Comedy Central of the last time they were on and he was playing guitar.

Just did a youtube search, found the video of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWXW3lNgDIw

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Yes. It's how he writes most of his songs.

10. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Member

I like all their albums, but this one is especially good I think. It sounds like this could be their first album. Not like 'Ten', but like a new band just came out called Pearl Jam. Really good stuff. Can't wait for the tour.

Here's a new Billboard article written by an old school PJ fan that's a good read - article

11. garthomps

garthomps Member

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Man, Pearl Jam really rocked that show. They sound as great as ever, maybe better than ever. I really respect those guys for continuing to sell out shows where ever they go and NEVER being on MTV or VH1 etc. Breath of fresh air.

So tell me PJ fans. Are all those guys original members (besides the amazing Matt Cameron on drums)?

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

Creed's on next week.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Hardy har har.

They said next week is the best of TV Funhouse, hosted by Ace and Gary if anybody is interested. If you didn't know, Ace and Gary were/are voiced by Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell.

After that it's yet another freaking rerun and then Tom Hanks and the Chili Peppers in May.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

What is everyone staring at?

NOTHING!!!

16. MadMax

MadMax Member

:D

i felt compelled to post that

17. jeff from vandy

Yeah everyone is there, except Jack Irons who was the drumme ron ten and i think vs...

Boom Gasper had been touring with them and was on Binuaral and Riot Act...

It's pretty interesting.. they have done quite a bit of amrketing for this album... enough to make the die hards wonder whats up... and it is starting to work. a thread in the bbs iS proof!

PJ albums never went down the tube, you just really really had to go look for it in order to get it or hear it. Radio wasn't playing it and no one was talking about it. Is every album ten, of course not but there are some killer songs on riot act and binaural. And of course evrything jams out during the live show.

I thought the band looked a bit rusty on SNL... They picked up the pace on the second song, severed hand. Tough to just start playing hard when on SNL in that kind of scenario...

May 2nd will be a very good day....

But do yourself a favor, pick up their other albums that you have missd and you'll be surprised.

18. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I thought Dave Krusen played on "Ten".

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Member

It was Dave Abbruzzese on Ten. Krusen played on some promos and a few shows pre-Ten in the Mookie Blaylock days. Jack Irons came in for No Code and Yield. I couldn't argue with anyone that says Yield was their best record, even though Binaural is my favorite. But Yield is pure magic. In Hiding is an unbelievable tune.

They have been doing more promotion for this record than they have in a long time. Expect to see a video even. You have to hand it to them, they intentionally sabotaged their careers when they were at their peak, basically in order to save them. They are going to be around a while, yet.

20. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member