1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pearl Jam coming to H-town

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Free Agent, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Does anyone care anymore??

Pearl Jam bringing tour to Houston

By MICHAEL D. CLARK
    Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle

Houston Pearl Jam fans who didn't get enough of the band following the release of 72 multidisc concert albums two years ago can see them in the flesh in April.

The band on Thursday announced a 48-date North American tour that includes a stop April 6 at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.

According to Pearl Jam's Web site (www.pearljam.com), the tour will begin April 1 in Denver and end July 9 in New York City. The Woodlands date is slotted as the fourth date of the tour.

Guitarist Stone Gossard told Billboard.com that the shows will draw from the group's catalog of six past studio albums but will concentrate on its most recent release, Riot Act.

An on-sale date for tickets was not announced. Just as Pearl Jam did on its 2000 world tour, the band plans to record every show from the tour and release CDs as authorized "bootlegs."

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

"Ooh, once upon a time...

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

They're still alive? I'm shocked. I thought they fell off the planet in 1997. :D

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Give me Soundgarden.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

they did fall off the planet... try AUDIOSLAVE - it's Rage Against The Sound Garden Machine!

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Or Stone Temple Pilots.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

72 discs....HOLY CRAP!!! I bet most people don't even own 72 music CDs.

And...Eddie Vedder is a jackass! Give me a halftime concert of Chance McClain and Kevin Ryan before Pearl Jam! "Just play, just play just play just play, con-sist, sis-stant."...:D

8. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Im a big Rage fan.........I didnt like the album.........It sounds to much like a Chris Cornell album.............some Soundgarden fans would like it though........

9. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

STP (with Scott Weiland high or not) over both Pearl Jam and Sound Garden.

I caught Temple of the Dog at Rock Candy, a club in Seattle. It was a great show, but STP has done it better for a longer period of time.

Does anyone in here know if Rock Candy is still open?

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got to see both PJ and Soundgarden at Lollapalooza II back in 1992. Even though I prefer Soundgarden's music, there was no doubt that PJ was a better live band.

I like some STP too, but they're really not in the same class as Soundgarden. Chris Cornell had (emphasis on the past tense - he sounds like the guy from AC/DC now) a better voice, and the band wrote better riffs. I will say the bass player of STP is way better than any of the Soundgarden bassists.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Pearl Jam didn't fall off the planet, they just morphed into Creed...

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I do like Soundgarden....but since the break up.....I cant get into Chris's voice anymore....Subtomic is right, he did have a better voice back in the day..........His solo album sucked in my opinion.......too slow........

PJ probably will never ever top "Ten"...........STP are great

13. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I for one have never seen PJ live and can't wait to see them. They are one of the bands I've said I need to see in my lifetime.

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I'd like to see Pearl Jam live, and I'll probably either try to catch them in Dallas or Little Rock...Nothing will ever top "Even Flow."

15. Buck Turgidson

And I'd take Alice in Chains over any of the 3 mentioned above.

16. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

Are you guys messsed?? i guess it's true when they say Americans have no taste of music

Pearl Jam is still thee best band end of story.. they blow Alice in Chains,SoundGarden, Stone Temple

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Pearl Jam hasn't done anything good since their second cd IMOP. To each their own.

18. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

hmm Vitalogy and vs were two amazing cd's.. No Code was bad but yield was good and now Riot Act.. Have you listened to it??

19. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I saw PJ in 93 or 94 in Nacogdoches. They were badass back then. I'll go to the concert even if it is only for nostagiic reasons.

BTW-Boomboom, thanks. I know it was tongue in cheek but it was still thoughtful

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I was there too (Houston). Hated it because there was probably about 100,000 people there. There was some counterfeit scam or something. Saw them both earlier either that year or the year before at the Unicorn...much better.