1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peak T-Mac or Peak Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 22, 2021.

?

Peak McGrady or Peak Harden?

1. Tracy McGrady

27.3%
  2. James Harden

72.7%
  1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Tmac to the rack..I mean to the trash...tmac was overated as hell.

D-rock, CCity Zero and Air Canada like this.
  2. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Mchale didn't "bench" Harden... Harden came out of the game to start the 4th the same time he always does and he never got put back in because of that ridiculous and flukey run we went on that completely flipped the game. Good thing Harden was terrible in that game 5 and game 7 against the Clippers which was absolutely imperative to that 3-1 comeback... Oh wait he was great in those games.. You have a narrative that's not based in reality...

HP3, D-rock, jiggyfly and 1 other person like this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This is delusional... We would've been blown tf out

#163 Air Canada, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    HP3 and D-rock like this.
  4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

VC? You have no ball IQ and this is massively dumb... Peak VC LOL... Vince had some great dunks, but this is absolutely ridiculous

D-rock likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

T-Mac was a ninja.

Harden is a surgeon.

chadyang, D-rock, Nelly and 2 others like this.
  7. WiltTheStilt13

Give me Peak Jeremy Lin!

8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

9. amaru

amaru Member

I get that Harden hurt our feelings when he broke up with us but to be 1,000% clear James Harden is significantly better than Tracy McGrady.

D-rock likes this.
  10. vince

vince Member

McGrady was light and beams more talented, because McGrady could have been one of the games greatest ever. He could have been as good as MJ. But McGrady was a victim of being too fragile; he broke down too easily.

Harden is my favorite player because nobody in the league has done more with their ability. Harden is such a cerebral chess master on the court.

I think Harden is my favorite Rocket after Hakeem.

Harden, McGrady, Drexler, Malone, and Hakeem is my amazing dream team!!!

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden is still doing things, plural, that McGrady could only DREAM about.

vince, amaru and HP3 like this.
  12. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I highly disagree bro no lie a healthy Tmac in his prime would torch a lot of these players today including Harden, the only thing James got over TMac is being able to draw fouls and durability other than that I’ll pick a young healthy Tracy Mcgrady over Harden, because at his peak no one really can guard him

hajkov, Mr Woods, vince and 1 other person like this.
  13. vince

vince Member

Either way you slice it, both were awesome players. Harden is still an MVP caliber player, except it isn’t for the Rockets any longer

But when the Rockets got McGrady was one of the most exciting days for a Rockets fan. It’s a shame the injury bug was so prevalent for him. Yao and McGrady was better than good enough for several titles, if not for the dang injuries both endured.

Harden and Paul would have prevailed if not for the Paul season ending injury against the Golden State Warriors during the playoffs.

Talk about a franchise that is snake bitten.

14. dmoneybangbang

I think Tmac would have outperformed Harden in an alternate universe where he was healthy and developed under analytics.

But Harden over Tmac in this universe.

hajkov likes this.
  15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

T-Mac was "Barry".... Harden is "Dexter"

16. corrado

corrado Member

No options to vote for all time greats Von Wafer and Luther Head?

But seriously what would be the case for TMac, that he is taller?

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL what? You realized T-Mac, for all your proclaimed edge on decisive moments, never got past the first round right? Harden actually takes a team offense and drags it to historic levels. He consistently makes the 2nd round. Yet, you somehow believe T-Mac could have led us to a chip?!?

18. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Yeah, like basketball is a one man's game.
    Tmac (ORL or HOU) never had the same talent Harden had around him (OKC or HOU).

Except for a man named Yao Ming, yet they have played only 2 playoffs series together:
    2005 (7 game series loss to a much better team, DAL, in a game 7 where the whole ****ING TEAM disappeared, except for Yao and Tmac).
    2007 (7 game series loss in a terrible game for both Yao and Tmac, but even so, went down to the last minute to decide).

2009 was the best roster that Tmac had around him. But he was injured before the Playoffs.

So, revisiting of two biggest "what-ifs" in Rockets recent history:
    2018 - if CP3 did not have an injury, Harden wouldn't need to carry the team alone, and we probably have a championship.
    2009 - if TMac played in that series against the Lakers, we would win and might have been champions that year (or Yao never had the injury, of course).

My take on "if it were Tmac instead of Harden" in 2018, is because Harden was such a p***y looking scared, out of control and *ahem* lack of elite offense.
    Tmac would ****ing just drive to the basket when things didn't go his way, and DEFEND.

We will never know.

But like Kobe once said: "Harden will never be champion playing that style of basketball".
    And like Shaq just said: "Harden now has his super team. It is championship or bust".

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We aren't talking about winning a championship or even getting to the WCF. I reiterate, T-Mac has NEVER, EVER led a team past the FIRST round.

20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

So let's make a tournament with only "first rounds" so Harden can win.