1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

this is a total newb question, but whats the gameplay like? never played any of the diablo series, is it just an RPG? can play solo and with friends? do you fight other people besides computer opponents or is it just fight quest/missions until a boss then onto the next mission?

2. Dei

Dei Member

It's like DOTA: isometric, point and click. Has several modes: adventure, multiplayer.

3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Watch some gameplay on youtube and you'll get the idea.

Though the end game is mainly about auction housing, some people call it AH3.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Just curious, is the Real Money AH live? I don't see it when I play. I don't plan to buy anything, but if I find real good stuff, I might sell it there. Still farming Act 2.

5. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

VQ bear is a fun spec, came to fame when someone took down inferno butcher in about 7 seconds. I've tried it pre-1.0.3 and it's just brutal when you have 4 CDs tied up just to be viable. The spec also requires you to be in close range of enemies, which can get you killed if spirit walk isn't used correctly.

VQ dire bat is the alternative spec, where it gives you range and kiting abilities, but without the burst damage output.

When patch hits I think I'll go a pet/tanking spec with a shield. Pets will scale better with your own gear and not be completely useless. Toads have a 200% Life on Hit coefficient, and along with Bad Medicine and Jungle Fortitude, will provide enough regen and damage mitigation to make a fun spec.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Yeah. Go to the Auction House and click on "USD" in the top right.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Thanks.

8. gezza

gezza Member

Have many of you guys made much money off the RMAH?

9. Acedude

Friend made about $1200 when the getting was easy early on. I've sold a weapon for $250 ($211 after fees) and have around $200 in battle.net balance.

10. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

~1200 dollars, sold a few legendaries.. 195 dex andariels visage etc. sold for 250, and I've sold a lot for 90-150

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, right now I actually have a bears build with a shield... between that, Jungle Fortitude, the health globes from the Zombie Dogs, and the fact that i have about 47k vitality... my Witch Doctor is pretty tankish. Will be interested to see if I can do alright in act 2 with it, but I want to finish act 1 with my other three characters first.

It's funny how many people online I see bashing the bears build, but to me, Wizards and Demon Hunters are better ranged/kiting characters anyhow. VQ bears makes Witch Doctor play significantly differently from any other class, and that's the biggest reason I like it.

12. Acedude

Yeah, I think you pretty much have to treat WD as a melee caster class instead of ranged class. Sure, splinter darts are great single target dps, but the cast animation is too slow for effective kiting, and most of the useful skills (zombie bear, harvest, hex, etc) require you to be in near-melee range. Not saying glass cannon won't work, but you'll have a much harder time compare to DH and wizards.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wizard bug finally got patched today. AH prices dropped on some things because of the ease of farming.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have a lvl 51 wizard. guess i was too late haha

15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

16. Acedude

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i stopped playing because of other stuff going on. but i need to check this out.

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

this won't turn chicken into lobster

the platform is wrong

and they ripped the idea off krip

oh and "**** that loser"

19. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I played D3 fanatically for a month and a half after it came out, but after that I had gotten pretty tired of it.

Now it's been another month and half since I've touched it at all, so it sounds like a good time to check it out again with this new patch.

And hey, looks like my max level characters will now be earning "Paragon levels." Cool. I get to progress my characters again.

They do keep making it easier and easier, don't they?

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I couldn't sell anything. :(