1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PC Laptop is Frozen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Nov 26, 2014.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was trying to message my daughter's FB page with a link and the durn thing got hung up. I got an ERROR message from FB asking if I want to "Stay" on the page or "Navigate Away". Either one I choose yields no result and the ERROR message remains.

Further I cannot go to one of the other open TABS nor can I close down the Google Chrome browser. I opened up Internet Explorer and tried to UNINSTALL Google Chrome but it won't let me until I close down all open Google Chrome browsing windows.... so I am back at square one.

I even let the laptop battery run down and started it back up thinking it would just take me to my desktop but, NO, it took me back to the same browser window with all the same tabs opened up.

Any ideas as to how to fix this.... a problem which has never occurred before.

Windows 8...

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You try Ctrl Alt Delete >>>then task manager >>>then under processes END TASK anything that says chrome. There should be a few lines of it.

Or Restart the computer? If you let it die down, it'll bring you back to exactly where you were when you boot back up as a recovery (resume last session).

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Thanks "Uprising"! Worked. Now downloading Firefox.

Tip jar contribution coming in YOUR NAME..

4. lean

lean Member

Today you are learning lesson number one of pc troubleshooting: restart the computer.

Lesson two is search google