1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC HELP] Monitor acting screwy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Oct 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Last night I went to fire up SC2 and as I was playing my monitor flashed some pinkish/white lines for a bit a second and then my screen just went black. Thought hmmm thats weird...so manually shut the computer down, rebooted, and tried to fire up the game again. Again the same thing happens. So I figure hmm maybe the card is just overheating or something. So I just leave the game alone for the rest of the night and all is well. Well boot up my computer this morning and now my monitor is going haywire. Sometimes when I boot up a black screen stays up and says something about the monitor doesnt support 1920x820 @60hz settings or something like that. Other times the vista logo appears but then when trying to load up windows the monitor screws up.

Figure its either a video card or power supply problem. Anyone deal with something like this?