1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC Culture] SJW triggered by Hula bobblehead, accuses Asian Lyft driver of "white male privilege"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Duncan McDonuts, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Posts like this REALLY should be in the D&D and not in the hangout.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Quote? I'll wait.

Why are you posting all your nonsense in the Hangout now? You're looking for a new audience that doesn't ridicule everything you post? Hmm.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're just as bad as he is, don't keep this nonsense going.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

how about supporting banning speakers. You really have a short memory

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why would you accuse an Asian Male of having 'white privilege' when in every scenario that is totally the opposite case?

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL people thinking SJW is a political term created by conservatives. It was created by redditors/forum posters 2010-2011 ish.

And no it's has nothing to do with social justice. The term is ironic because SJW's specifically refers to overly sensitive tumblr types who faux outrages everything and anything. there's nothing in the world that they don't find offensive, and they are mostly white millennials too being outraged for minorities on issues that minorities don't even give a f about.

Oh yeah and there's SJW don't actually refer to people that contributes to real social justice, those are actual activists that do stuff. SJW only yells about issues on the internet and social media. Or in extreme cases like this one take their faux outrage over nothing on a poor lyft driver.

Alt - right came much later, it is mostly about Trump. Things like Gamersgate, jezebel, gawker media etc. was the age of SJW's.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What if Odell Beckham had engaged Lena Dunham in conversation? <a href="https://t.co/XkuYc9jK8b">pic.twitter.com/XkuYc9jK8b</a></p>&mdash; Dave Septemberkowitz (@davelozo) <a href="https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/771818330634137600">September 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This would be better with the context of the original exchange and/or account, separately it seems like this Twitter poster is engaging in the same behavior he's complaining about.

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The original account:

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

She has none. I've literally not heard a single backer not even a devil's advocate retort. Nothing. The mere fact that every right leaning poster here believes that this is liberalism is silly. She's an idiot who wants to get notoriety because with the way modern day ad revenue works, being popular for being an ******* generates just as much revenue as being popular because you have actual talent in something.

#90 fchowd0311, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

i'd get uncomfortable around that weirdo. I'd rather sit next to shosh or adam, not freaking lena.

12. Nero

Nero Member

Arrogance combined with ignorance.

Ugly.

Most of those people lack the ability to introspect, or to be self-aware.

Monsters who think they are heroes.

13. hlcc

hlcc Member

What's up with this idiotic "SJW" word? Didn't this word become popular during those idiotic Gamergate rants?

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10676567&postcount=52

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I watched the video start to finish looking for any excuse at all to support her view point or to say he's an idiot too but man that guy is a saint. Kept his cool, spoke his mind, waited for a sidewalk to drop her off.

I can't understand how a human being could come into conflict with that driver and not immediately say to themselves "this is a nice guy, he is being super cool, I'm way overreacting".

What an entitled attitude. She could have just shared whatever precious knowledge she said she had about the culture and the history and seen if he agreed. Instead she was just harassing him.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wouldn't say it's liberalism. It's an entitled idiot being an idiot. It goes both ways. It's just most of these situations happen to involve younger millenials who tend to lean left. Any of the SJW controversies are typically stupid and full of faux outrage. One conservative example is the war on Christmas and the Starbucks cups.

Most people should just say their piece and move on. Instead, SJWs try to expose those they disagree with by rallying a social media mob to ruin people's livelihoods. SJWs think this is true activism but it's usually a petty disagreement that doesn't truly matter. You can't legislate or force belief systems into people. Just respectfully disagree, let it be and move on with your life.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah they always go after people's jobs. Even if the person is an accountant working on basement level 2 for a company no one has heard of. They pretend keeping them employed will be the PR disaster of the century on twitter.

I don't understand the correlation between someone offending you and therefore becoming unemployable. Do they ever go after the job they get after being fired Or is one firing punishment served? Mob justice and public shaming is really something that needs to get sorted out.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

That annoying voice reminds me of Baby Stuart!
    They don't sound the same but just as annoying! ... :mad:

[​IMG]