1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

pc based games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream Sequence, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Looking for a suggestion fo a PC game thats similar to Command and Conquer type game. C&C is pretty old, so I figure there has to be something more recent out. Would prefer something that wasn't medieval type or anything of that genre. Thanks..

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

They're always putting out newer C&C games but yea they're basically the same.

To be honest, I havent seen any really great real time strategy games lately. Blizzard, who I think makes the best RTS games, hasn't made any since Warcraft III and I doubt anything new is coming from them soon.

3. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Nothing medieval? Right now, that pretty much narrows it down to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.. it's a couple of years old, too, so you don't need a high-end machine to play it. Next year, you can try Supreme Commander - I'm really looking forward to that one. Both games are based in sci-fi settings though, I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.. but then again, C&C was rather sci-fi as well

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually a fairly old game you may like, if you haven't already tried it, is Total Annihilation. It has been around for a good while but I still love to throw it in every now and then and play a little . It was made by the guy making Supreme Commander. You'll probably have to get it from ebay, but it is well worth it.

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Since you don't like midievil (rome:total war), you probably also won't like fantasy(Battle for middle earth 1+2).

Maybe you will like Emperor battle for dune, however it is also about 4 to 5 years old, but it is a nice game.

6. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

dadakota may have a suggestion for you.

7. UberDork

UberDork Member

You can try Star Wars: Empire at War. It's recent. Review. I haven't played it yet, but once the price drops, I'm going to get a copy of the game.

But here's some good ones from previous years:
    Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
    Homeworld
    Homeworld: Cataclysm
    Homeworld 2

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HELLS YES !!

Conquest Frontier Wars !!

And it is a few years old and very inexpensive.

:)

CQ 2 may come out in about a year...depends on whether I can get this deal done or not.

DD