1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PBS Frontline] The Astros Edge

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Commodore, Sep 23, 2023.

1. raining threes

I'm a baseball fan and an Astros fan in particular, so times don't get better than this as a fan.

2. raining threes

I'm a baseball fan and an Astros fan in particular, so times don't get better than this as a fan.

AkeemTheDreem86 and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  3. Qan

Qan Member

Wouldn't trade this Astros run for any other team's success in Houston. Maybe those other teams need to shape the fck up and be competent.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m a Houston fan. I wouldn’t trade this Astros
    run for another Rockets championship nor would I have traded the Rockets run for an Astros World Series title. Both are special for
    City.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I care less about the Spacely spRockets than you do about the Astros.

#125 Marshall Bryant, Oct 15, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  6. Buck Turgidson

What about a Super Bowl win by the Oilers? ;)

7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

This. I’m a Rockets fan but honestly the NBA is kind of a joke.

The Astros winning another one would just hit different. Not only would it mean we bounced the Rangers, and most like Philly again, but it would cement a dynasty. And the best part? How salty everyone will be.

raining threes and astrosrule like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If the Texans could change their name to the Oilers and wear the old Columbia uniforms. Yes. If just to spite the shade of Bud Adams.

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya, there also hasn’t been really any heartbreak with the rockets like with the astros. I guess some of the tmac/yao injury stuff but that’s about it. The only really rough moment was seeing foster was the game 7 ref in 2018, but by the time the game started i had already accepted we lost so it just hit differently

Htown Stros likes this.
  10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

That game 7, and really the officiating that entire series, was pretty much all I needed to see. I mean the fact James Harden and Chris Paul are a combined like 1-25 (or whatever it is) when Scott Foster refs their games is ridiculous.

raining threes and astrosrule like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't know how long you've been a Rockets fan but there's been a lot of heartbreak with the Rockets.
    Spoilered for those us still haunted by this.
    [​IMG]

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya i was gonna mention that as the only other one, the illegal screen that ended that season. I was a big barkley and hakeem fan as a kid so in 96 when charles got traded I became a full fledged rockets only fan. I was like 12 when the illegal screen happened

desihooper and raining threes like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I’ve been recommending people who think Altuve was a cheater to watch this. I don’t think many will. It’s just easier to stick with your preconceptions than it is to listen to actual evidence.

14. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Even more than preconceived notions, many people in 2023 ( and for several years but it appears to be growing) look for excuses and refuse to face facts.

Responsibility/accountability are endangered species.

They can't accept that a player or team is better than their favorite and throwing out the cheat card makes it easy.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And some of these claims are getting crazier. If the Stros are cheating now why can't they get timely hits at home? If they are cheating at Globe Life Stadium that would mean that a member of the Rangers or stadium staff would be helping them.