1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pay-it-forward...in the drive thru. Doh!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I've had this happen before and have continued the trend. The surprise is rather nice and hopefully the people behind my car felt the same way after I paid for their order.

2. codell

codell Member

I would have insisted on paying for mine myself and told the cashier to pass along the gesture from the car in front of me to the car behind me.

Pay It Forward Middle Man.......I just blew ya'll's minds there didn't I?

heh

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I would most likely just yell at the cashier and tell them to keep my order.

4. lookabove

lookabove Member

Repped - just reading made me feel good.

This thread is breath fresh air compare to GARM.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This does nothing for me since the only time I go drive thru is to get one, maybe two items max. I doubt it improves my day because I would feel guilty if I didn't pay for the guy behind me and on top of that, I most likely end up losing money paying for the next mans meal.

Didn't even know this was going around. I probably would have been that jackass who said "cool" and drove off lol. Much rather just pay for my own meal, less hassle.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Oh good grief.

If a kind jester brings out your guilt, lack of self-worth or anger, and if this is what represents America's High Moral Ground then we're all F'd.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

You know, the fact that you disagree with me always makes me even more resolute and confident in my opinion.

Now THAT'S paying it forward. I did the same thing at the airport last summer. Bought Subway for 2 servicemen in line behind us. They tried to stop me but I insisted. They were very grateful but seemed a little embarrassed. I almost wondered if I was being too presumptuous? Still felt good though.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't care if he's kind or rude, jesters still creep me out.

[​IMG]

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

DOH!

Would you believe Gesture. (damn, missed it by that much)

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

No, that's just an awesome deed. Paying it forward is you doing a good deed when someone went out of their way to do a good deed for you. It'd be paying it forward if you were doing this because of a stranger's random act of kindness to you.

I'm with RR and justtxyank, the idea isn't just some stupid thing to get people to pay for each other's meals. It's meant to inspire others to do good in the world. Color me not surprised there are so many on here who are going to nitpick this to death.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

12. updawg

updawg Member

Cashier is scamming you

13. Louka

Louka Member

Mental health is still an issue at large

14. Louka

Louka Member

^^This

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Don't buy me a f_cking meal if you are a stranger. I don't want it! I don't need your charity! LOL.

By the way, I drive a 2007 Camry SE. Does that make me be your little bi_ch in need of paid-for meals?

I'm just kidding around. Whether I didn't accept the random act of kindness acceptably to you and/or passed on the favor to the car behind me for the right or wrong reason or whatever, it's an interesting case study into my brain and thought processes. I'm not really ready to go there in depth but some of your points have been taken. I am a flawed person. I acknowledge that. I wanted to pay for my meal and I found a way.

#55 Surfguy, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Now tipping is a whole different story. I make sure to over tip, regardless of service. Never really had service that bad to where I had to complain or not leave tip. Then again I'm pretty simple. As long as my food comes out and is edible, I'm good.

17. pmac

pmac Member

Surfguy, I drink your milkshake