1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paxton, Cruz, Abbott's Let it Spread mindsets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Funny how Taiwan wasn’t fooled.

Both mRNA vaccines were created just over a few days after Chinese researchers published a draft of the virus genome on January 11, 2020. You won’t hear politician giving Chinese researchers credit for their work and sharing data. The public too often see China in a black vs white worldview.

Ps. One major positive out of this period is Science and real experts came through again. The level of international cooperation and data sharing by scientists is critical.

#81 Amiga, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also while the PRC did a terrible job initially and did hide the scope of the pandemic and suppress doctors in Wuhan they did end up containing it far faster and more effectively than many other countries including the US. There were crowds last night in Wuhan for New Year's celebrations while Times Square was close to empty.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, it's a stark constrast.

I don't know any Chinese over there, but I bet many of them would say the 2.5m hard lockdown was worth it. Of course, we can't do that but if we had the technology and infrastructure to, we should definitely consider it for future outbreaks. And I believe we should aim for that capability - the ability to do that quickly and transparently.

Note that the study that show the # of infected was likely 10x (or 500k cases) of the official number came from the Chinese CDC. This illustrates there is room for close cooperation and coordination between disease control agencies throughout the world - it's one of the few things the world has a common interest: to contain outbreak early and fast and to share data. We should strengthen our co-operation with other countries, including China, CDC. We did have some of that in place until this Admin didn't continue it in 2019 - just terribly timing.

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

From what I've been hearing out of the PRC including Wuhan is that they are saying it was worth it. That has to be taken with at least a pound of salt given that it is the PRC and in Wuhan they've already converted one of he emergency COVID-19 hospitals into a museum celebrating the PRC triumph over the disease and the heroic leadership of Xi Jinping.

Shutting people in their homes clearly works to stop transmission of a highly contagious disease but the PRC measures I'm not sure are the way to go and I doubt can be applied to most countries especially the US. The only time I think we should go the PRC route would be with something far more lethal than COVID-19. Something along the lines of Outbreak, and would have to be contained to only one city.

With another COVID-19 though we don't need to take those type of steps. As Taiwan showed with effective early action relying upon testing and contact tracing even in a populous and dense country the disease can be controlled without locking everyone in their houses.

Completely agree too on expanded communication and cooperation. A pandemic is not the time for cutting the channels of communication off. I agree physical contact in terms of travel should be cut off right away but we don' need to travel to keep on talking and sharing info.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never Forget! These power mongers are not worthy of your vote when their day comes again.

Cruz takes lead in effort to flip election
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...-lead-in-effort-to-flip-election-15842182.php

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is headed to Washington for the “March to Save America Rally” on Wednesday in support of Trump and on Sunday he called for "all Patriots" to be present as well.

Paxton refuses to disclose full costs of taxpayer-funded Supreme Court election challenge
    Jan. 4, 2021 Updated: Jan. 4, 2021
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/po...efuses-to-disclose-full-costs-of-15846188.php

Patriots my as*!

seemoreroyals likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I never thought I would be saying this, but a Zombie just called out Ken Paxton. Paxton is as delusional as his puppet master.

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Dan doesn't give a damn about the spread.

He is just a toy soldier with a brown shirt trying to earn another Trump loyalty patch to put on his sleeve.

Urging law enforcement to not enforce the mandate is pure BS. Any officer who refuses to serve and protect, which includes enforcing this mandate, should be fired!

#88 deb4rockets, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Paxton is right. Tomorrow some people will do a thing, and that thing will be save the nation and they are patriots. Those people will be the people in Congress accepting the electors and giving the final certification of the election.

deb4rockets, DVauthrin and B-Bob like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is where the messaging gets murky. WHO still gets trashed by Americans but there were many drivers to include China rather than ostracize and punish them at that juncture with science, information, research, and tech sharing at the forefront.

That doesn't mean I don't think there was some greasiness with the WHO head and China, but it's never an all or nothing matter how Trumpers and xenophobes paint it.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't watch the video because I can't stand the sight of him or the sound of his voice. I just liked the response.

London'sBurning and Ziggy like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Ted Cruz seems to think Americans are really really stupid. No Ted, we I don't believe Trump"a conspiracy theories. No Ted, I don't believe anyone was trying to STEAL the vote.

What I do believe is what you said about Trump when you ran against him. He is a liar, and he is a narcissist. Now you back him and defend his narcissistic desperate attempts to stir up BS about his votes being stolen. You defend this madness? Good luck ever getting elected again. I sure as hell won't vote for you.

What I do believe, is that you think you actually have a chance of running for President in 2024.

#94 deb4rockets, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

....they learned their life philosophy from their mothers.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There were protests in Austin and other state capitals that day. If they were one bit as violent as DC, it would've been reported more.

Can't really claim they're hell bent on lighting the torch. Though, they definitely played with fire and burnt down the kitchen, just not the house...

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Ted Cruz should be fired. He helped lead the conspiracy of voter fraud. He is a lying snake. He is delusional as hell if he thinks he can change his tune again, and expect anyone to believe a word out of his mouth. He knows what a narcissistic liar Trump is. He said it himself. Then, he stood right by his side lying with him. What a snake.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Pot calling the kettle black.

London'sBurning likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You and your money hungry no mask GOP Covid spreading reckless fools all have blood on your hands. Stop spewing out your ridiculous, dangerous, and divisive propaganda and just resign you traitor. I'm so sick of your BS.

You know damn well we never had a National stance. You know our lockdowns were half-ass to begin with, and not enforced much. You and your clown of a leader whose boots you were licking don't know what you are talking about.

Texas had over 30,000 dead because of you jerks.

Ziggy and London'sBurning like this.