1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Paws up, don't shoot"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Jan 28, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Reasonably I believe is the word. If you reasonably believe deadly force is necessary to protect yourself from deadly force against you.

2. CometsWin

Was thinking the same thing. If it was a cop he'd just say the guy reached for his waistband so he shot him and of course they wouldn't find a weapon. LOL

3. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

It's good that I don't own a gun because my reaction to someone pulling a gun and shooting my dog would be to shoot that person in turn?

Maybe he shouldn't have a gun in the first place.

Maybe I should just shoot his dog in retaliation and hope that the trigger-happy ******* wouldn't shoot me like he did my dog.

Or maybe he's a coward who needs a gun to feel safe, and is willing to murder animals if that's the easiest course of action.

Maybe people shouldn't have guns at dog parks.

Maybe the kind of people who solve their problems with guns shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

You know, maybe.

4. CometsWin

I think a lot of you would be shocked how easy it is to get a CHL in Texas. As long as you pass the background check, you're going to get your CHL whether you know anything about guns or not.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow, if that's true then there's absolutely no justification for it. A German Shepard is significantly bigger than the bull terrier. I hope they throw the book at this guy if that's true.

Yeah, sounds like you shouldn't own a gun if you think an appropriate reaction to someone shooting your dog would be to murder that person. It would be a situation where one would be understandably pissed off, but it's not really a "murder someone" situation.