1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers Reportedly Interested in Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Jun 15, 2013.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah I agree with all of that. It's a very convoluted situation at this point and I love it. I love that a couple of players and a coach trying to control franchises just got their wrists slapped. Now it will be hilarious if Garnett and Doc are stuck in Boston being booed at home games!

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

BOS can get compensation for Doc, just like MIA got compensation for letting Stan Van Gundy out of his contract to coach ORL. The issue is whether he's being attached for some value as a part of a packaged trade with Garnett. It's hard to convince people that there is no "package" after all the reports about these two being joined at the hip and all the reports of these two being negotiated as a part of the same deal by the two teams if they both end up with the Clippers.

BOS can get compensation if Doc goes to a team without Garnett or any other current Celtics player being also traded there as a part of the transaction.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah, and they might have used some of their cash allowance in previous trades Im not aware of two. Just insinuating that they could lighten the load a bit potentially by essentially wiring money to entice Boston to waive Pierce.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

This off-season was already great because of the Rockets having cap space but this keeps getting better. Griffin wants out, Paul might want out too if deal doesn't go through, Stern with a possible shoe to the head during the draft, Doc & KG getting booed. Did I miss anything? :cool: