1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers Reportedly Interested in Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Like others have already said, I will believe this trade is dead when the Clippers end up hiring Hollins/Shaw/Scott etc.

2. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO not a surprise to me, there is a reason they have been garbage for so long. Every 10 years we hear about how Sterling isn't that bad, he will spend money, etc.... and it always then falls apart.

I don't even know why Paul would want to play for that racist, cheap, dishonest scumbag Sterling.

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Clippers gonna clip.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Ainge to Doc: Time to call the Clip's bluff. I'm going to the media to say that I want you back. You say nothing, you damn traitor.

Doc to Ainge: I say nothing, you a-hole. I'm going to get a ring in LA.

Clips to Doc: Doc, if you want to do this, take less money. Otherwise, go pretend to make up with Ainge and coach the crap heap that's Boston.

Clips to Ainge: You guys have to be idiots not to do this deal with just 1 first rounder. Hell, you have to do this deal with no first rounders, just to get out of paying Doc.

Ainge to Clips: And you guys are idiots if you don't do this deal. It makes you a freaking title contender.

All other NBA GM's: They dont' know it yet, but they're both going to do this. Its one of those win-win things that even Ainge and Sterling can't screw up.

Ainge to media: Doc and I hugged. We're aight.

Clips to media: Ainge wanted too much.

All other NBA GM's: just get into a room and hump each other already.

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

CP3's agent to Clips: Chris would like a black coach whose initials are D.R., and to play with a PF who can make a shot beyond 10 feet. Those appear to be his top criteria as a Free Agent who has the right to sign anywhere.

Clips: Aw crap.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>From <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a>: Blake Griffin is not happy, feels Clipper organization was putting his name out in S&amp;T with Lakers.</p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/statuses/347059417419751425">June 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Bwahahaha!!!! Griffin is going to demand a trade after Paul leaves and the Clips will be back in lotto purgatory for a decade. All because of sterling.

8. Raven

Raven Member

And this news drops right as Les publicly declares he values Championships over profits.

;)

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Such amateurs are the Clippers

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Donald Sterling. Ha. At least he has stayed consistent in being the main reason why the Clips will never contend.

If only he had as much passion to get a ring as he does making sure poor black people live in filthy conditions

11. Awesome

Awesome Member

Do you think les Alexander would payout over 40 million and 2 picks to get doc and kg?

12. thekad

thekad Member

Woj never tweeted that and as far as I can tell never wrote it...

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Griffin should have expected this. He works for Donald Sterling after all and Dwight simply has a more beautiful and blacker black body than Blake does.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj was on the Jim Rome show(the tweet above).

-Until the Clippers hire a coach, this is still in play.

-Boston - can Doc return and I think it will be difficult to do that. One league source said today who's connected to Doc, you can't pretend this didn't happen. He was beloved in Boston. He injured that. .... He wanted the Clippers job. Boston is saying they want him back but I think for Doc to walk into that locker room when they know he wanted to leave them, it's gonna be difficult for Doc to stay in there.

-There is damage done. I don't know if there is anything you can say. They negotiated a deal there for him. Right now, Doc is mulling it over. He probably does not coach there again next year but it's still leaving 7 million a year on the table. He does not have an appetite to rebuild.

Where do the Clippers go from here?

They'll proceed with Hollins, Scott and Shaw. This is a big letdown for Clippers fans. There are some good candidates in there but they had a chance for Garnett and Doc and they have bruised feelings there. Blake Griffin feels the organization was putting his name out in possible sign and trade talks with the Lakers. He's not happy about that. They need a coach who can bring it all together.

What does Paul think about Griffin?

I can't say. I've never had that conversation with him. This was Griffin's team, then one day all the sudden it was Paul's team and it deserves to be but there are times when Griffin would like people to ask his input in things and it's not always about Chris and what Chris wants. That's part of the process of every young star. You see this a lot when great players team up and try to find their way together and there is a lot of pressure on them. Blake went from the dunk show that everyone loved that filled arenas to a guy who has been very scrutinized and game picked apart than it's been celebrated the last couple years.

Was it worth that 2nd first round pick?

I think so. Sources told me over the last 24-48 hours were that the Clippers started to have cold feet about the financial costs. All of our skepticism was "Is Donald Sterling really going to pay for all this?" In the end, there was a feeling among many involved in the talks was that Sterling/the Clippers backed off the financial costs and it was more about that than the draft pick, that would have probably been 25 or worse going forward. They have a window they could have captitalized on and I think they're letting it pass.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Doc Rivers will be in Boston on Wednesday and plans to sit down with Danny Ainge, league source says.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/347087814833344512">June 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>As much as Rivers wanted Clippers job, Boston management wanted to use deal to speed up rebuilding process. Ainge and Rivers aren't at odds.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/347089222831845376">June 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source on Clips/Cs: &quot;rt now talks are stalled...(but)never say anything is completely dead in NBA. But Clips not looking to revisit rt now.&quot;</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/347114040960638977">June 18, 2013</a></blockquote>

#335 J.R., Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

If it meant resigning you top3 NBA player????????

17. Awesome

Awesome Member

Who's a top 3 player? Lets be logical here.

Clipps pay

KG's salary 18 mil?
    Docs Salary 37 mil
    DJ's trade kicker 3.5 mil

Give up Dj and 2 first round picks also, and most likely the lux tax

That's alot of money to pay plus give up picks

You could understand it looking that way but still... I think they should do it anyway because they'll get the extra ticket sales and media attention for it.

18. cw3k

cw3k Member

Morey should reach out to the Celtics and offer them McHale for Doc and KG. If you wonder why Celtics would want McHale, Morey just have to mention that McHale is a yes man, and will not "betray" your organization like Doc/KG. After all, McHale is part of the Celtics clue.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm usually trashing Sterling, but I can't criticize him for balking at $35m for Doc. That's Phil Jackson money. Is Doc really so good a coach as that? And surely KG probably won't come without him, but why pay Doc for years and years for just a couple of years of production out of KG? I think Doc got too big for his britches.

20. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Clippers made the right call. Even w/out Doc Rivers, they still got a queue of coaches they can pick up, all of which are better than Del Negro

Celtics should be in rebuilding mode doing whatever it takes trying to clear cap space and get younger. Instead they're off trying to assert leverage they don't have.

Clippers will be the same regardless - W Conference contenders. Celtics are now getting nothing for a coach who's walking anyway and have $25 mil in cap space dedicated to two old guys. Ainge is dumb