1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce: Harden is the best player in the world today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So much salt in that tweet...its either Pierce is a hater bc he doesn't like Lebron, or Giannis is much better, even thou he hasn't done anything yet. I didn't know he hasn't even won a playoff series. The guy has been pretty damn good this year thou. I wonder if anyone has won the MVP before even winning a playoff series before.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Terrible argument if he said that. Durant won MVP in 2014... Harden has been a Rocket since 2012.

D-rock, arubato, James.B.H and 2 others like this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Getting a championship is the single most important thing to any fan and player. No question. But to judge someone’s greatness on a ring is fairly stupid. Durant isn’t better than Harden just because he has a ring. He joined one of the greatest teams of all time to get it. He’s the best player on that team and a massive contributor to their success but you replace him with Harden and they still win a championship. What if Durant spent 15 years on the Pistons? Harden’s been on a finals team and 2 conference championship series. To say he hasn’t been successful is completely false. Ultimately team success is a result of a combination of many many things. Rings are amazing but it’s way way too simplistic to say player A is better than player B because of it.

Junkyard Dog, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I only called him that because that is what he is for the warriors. He doesnt have to be the man in oakland so he plays his role. And he is elite. Harden does everything. Durant isnt the playmaker that harden is in my opinion.

jcf likes this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro but u just hating tho. He is the best player in that team hands down. N it's not like a curry where u haven't even him without those guys. He still made it to the finals not being on gsw....so why u ignoring that..true fans love the game. Like I said I love harden but if harden was my brother I would still say Durant was better. That's just how I am. I'm a competitor, I want people to be honest. If u give it ur all n someone just is better it's nothing wrong with that. U just keep trying to get better. I'm not gonna lie to myself. U play for the challenge

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I respect your opinion.

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

I dont know wether other people on that show are that dumb(looking at the comments with same logic i think yes) or they dont want to understand what Pierce is saying but while he brings Hardens solo-draggin of the team this season and that Curry didnt do that to this day they laugh and bring up his mvps lol

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is the argument for KD being better than Harden? and if you don't agree you're a homer? That's incredible.

James Harden is the type of player KD tries to join. He is a historically offensive player, a tier above KD because he can score just as much while dishing out 8 assists running the offense. He does the winning. He doesn't need to join a winner and play the scoring role.

Reeko, Houstunna, Astrodome and 4 others like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So u gonna ignore the fact he made it to the finals with okc being the man

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

That was years ago. KD would have been the best player in the league at that point if LeBron James had never been born.

But this discussion is about right NOW, and none of the arguments you've put forth on why KD should be considered hold any water.

Reeko, Astrodome and jcf like this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Hell yeah Paul!!!!!

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So your arguement is Durant has got worst lmao. Fact is he took a team to the finals not name gsw. So u cant use he cant carry a team cause he has. What u can say is he cant win a chip without curry them....that's legit. But harden hasn't got us to a finals yet so he cant win that point.

14. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

The 2015 Championship they won is the luckiest one as far as I can recall. Holiday was hurt the first round, then Conley in the second round, then Bev and D-Mo(our starting point guard and power forward) in the third round, then Kyrie and Love in the finals. I am not saying Pels and Grizzlies could beat them without injury, but at least it could make them work Harder. And I believe we would have a good chance to win if we were healthy, the first two games were really close. They definitely lose to the Cavs if Kyrie could play.

And Curry in 2016 Finals did a bigger choke job than any of Harden's playoff series as a Rocket. They were blowing out Cavs by 20 points in G1 and G2 when Curry scored 11 and 18 simply because of their depth and the dominance of Draymond. And when the Cavs figured their role players out and they needed their superstar to do something, Curry failed miserably. Draymond played much better than Curry in that series, Harden never had any teammates who can outplay him in a series after he became a Rocket(maybe the Blazers series in 2014, that was Harden's worst performance in his career).

I am not even a Curry hater. In fact, I think there is no doubt that over the past 5 years, he, Harden and Lebron were the top 3 most impactful offensive players in the league. But he has been surrounded by a lot of elite players for most of his careers, and his lack of physicality makes him very unsuccessful in making those go to plays. When the defense communicates properly and takes out the open looks Curry gets a lot in the regular season, his effectiveness declines considerably because he is not very good at beating the defender 1 on 1. I really want to see how he performs without a lot of all star teammates.

jcf likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Once again, this isn't about career. It's only about who is the better player right now. And it's no contest that Harden has been better THIS year.

Not being able to see that doesn't make you a realist, it makes you oblivious.

RichieBanks, Reeko, jcf and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant himself does not believe what you are selling.

If he did, he would not have run to the Warriors to buy rings.

Reeko, Blurr#7, arubato and 3 others like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don’t read the comments. YouTube comments are full of the dumbest people alive

topfive likes this.
  18. macan

macan Member

there's not a single player who can carries a team like what Harden does. period.
    no lebrick, no kd, no PG, no stephenie None!

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok lol

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait I already said he has had the better year n is the mvp...better player n better year are to dif things...