1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul McCartney in Red Square

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BobFinn*, Jun 13, 2005.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

McCartney concert from Russia will be on A&E tonight at 10 est/9cst. Excellent concert. If you haven't seen it and you are a Beatles fan, it is a must see.

As one of The Beatles, Paul McCartney helped to launch the British Invasion and bring rock and roll onto the global stage, changing the world with a pulsing new sound and a way of life not even the Iron Curtain could keep out.

On May 24, 2003, McCartney ended decades of anticipation with his first-ever concert in Russia. Join a crowd of over 100,000, as PAUL McCARTNEY IN RED SQUARE captures the historic sights and sounds of this nearly three-hour show. Behind-the-scenes footage of the star's whirlwind visit to Russia, including a private meeting with President Vladimir Putin, and interviews with important members of Russia's cultural community reveal the importance the Beatles and McCartney

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

My guitar player has the DVD. It's awesome.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

That was some pretty good stuff. I'm glad I saw it.

4. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Paul rules - this tour was awesome, can't wait to see the A&E special.

Hey BF: to your point in the Michael Jackson thread - the story I heard is that Paul thought it best to bid with Yoko for the Beatles songs back in the 80s, or whenever, as half those songs, give or take, were Lennnons. McCartney could have had them for 20 million - chump change for Paul - but wanted to go 10 and 10 with Yoko. Yoko held out for a better deal - offerring $5 mil, and as she and Paul b****ed about $, Michael Jackson bought them from under them for $47.5.