1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George's ceiling

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

How good can this kid be?

He's already awesome defensively pretty much frustrating D-Rose.

How good do you think he can be on offense???

I believe he has all the physical tools to atleast be an all star in this league.

From the Indianapolis Star:
    Pacers rookie Paul George put up around 1,000 shots at 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning after the Pacers got back from Chicago.

That's a good start!

2. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

He reminds me of Nicolas Batum

3. VBG

VBG Member

I like Paul George. He's athletic. His ceiling could be up to T-Mac without court vision.

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Sometimes his handles are solid but sometimes, he looks lost with the ball in his hands. Hopefully he works hard in the off-season to develop his offensive game.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

He's going to be a stud, IMO. In Gm 2 of the CHI series, he had 18 deflections (Pacers playoff record), 4 blocks, and 3 steals. Worst case scenario, he'll follow in the footsteps of Trevor Ariza -- long, feisty perimeter defender with an inconsistent jumper and questionable decision-making. But, at the age of 20, he's already FAR more patient than Ariza on the offensive end of the floor. If he can develop a consistent 3-pt shot (under 30% this season), he'll settle in right below the All-Star tier. He won't ever put up the gaudy numbers expected from a showcase perimeter talent, but the Collison-Hansbrough-George core is going to be rock solid in Indy for quite some time.

Who has the brighter future, Nic Batum or Paul George?

6. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Are you kidding me? you compare George to Ariza? George already have one of the best mid range jumpers among young wings...which ten thousand times better than Ariza already.
    Athletically, George is more gifted than Batum, but Batum has much better court vision and passing ability. They are both really talented, the difference between those two is George has star potential and the ability to create off the dribble. Batum is solid all around and when his shooting, playing making, and ball handling improve, he can be an all-star.

7. what

what Member

If he gets his shot together, I think he can become the next pippen(i know you guys feeling about quitten) I mean the good pippen. That's who George reminds me of.

8. adboy

adboy Member

he needs to work on his handles; post game and bulking up a little. His handles are very loose I believe I saw him get stripped by KORVER the other day. If he does that he can be a very good player in the league. He has the fire and the want to and I believe he will improve vastly next year.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Good thing about this, is the better he becomes the more expendable Granger is to them.

10. adboy

adboy Member

i would much rather have george than granger

11. lean

lean Member

I don't think Ariza is such a bad comparison. If you noticed he used the qualifier "worst case scenario," ie if he doesn't pan out he could be similar to Ariza. But agree if he keeps getting better and plays to his potentional he could be a multi-time allstar.

1 person likes this.
  12. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Would give up Martin plus our late first round pick for him. Really like his potential.

13. Fefo

Fefo Member

thank god u are not our gm

14. gah

gah Member

He is making Granger more expendable by the day, adding that Granger has regressed a bit.

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Not to hijack the thread but Martin is seriously overrated. The Rockets are never gonna win ****, when their leading scorer is a liability on defense.

As far as trading him for Paul George, I would do it in a mother ****ing heartbeat!

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

He was my number one pick in last year's nba draft.

17. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Yea, we should keep Martin and continue our road down mediocrity. George has serious superstar potential, and there aren't many of those in the league. You can't wait until people reach their potential to trade for them. The year Westbrook was drafted, if we offered Martin level talent for him, OKC would have probably bit. Two years later, do you think we have any chance of getting Westbrook right now for Martin?

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Kevin "Fool's Gold" Martin should be on the block.

19. worzel gummidge

The Rockets should trade Martin for George, so they can go from mediocre, to bad, to mediocre in the future!

Good players shouldn't be on the Rockets roster anymore otherwise the team will be MEDIOCRE!!!

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Watching George tonight, he is a complete different basketball player then he was last year, 23/11 vs the Heat tonight and still going on.